⁴⁹, comfort of you

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-nine,
comfort of you

"She's a real bitch but she's really pretty-"

Calista Ella Garfield

MY FEET HIT THE GROUND IN FRONT OF HOGWARTS, I feel hurt but not as broken as I was. A hand braids into my hair and the next thing I know a knife is pressing against my throat. "You really don't know how to follow the rules do you?" The Carrow brother whispers in my ear making me whimper. "Follow me!" He holds the knife close to my throat while leading me to the school. The courtyard is still filled with students, even though dinner is about to start. "Lizzie?" "Stay out of this, Jane," I tell the little girl causing Amycus Carrow to slightly cut my neck while pushing harder. "You are an arsehole, Carrow," I say coldly trying to move out of the situation. "But Liz-" "I am serious Eden, go to the great hall and do not interfere with me, is that clear?" "Yes, Calista," Elijah says before pulling the girls inside. "Well, you just send them inside to witness the show, good job, Lizzie." "Don't call me that!" I snap at him, he ignores it and pushes me to get inside. 

The great hall slowly getting fuller when he drags me inside. Alecto shrieks and stands from the teachers' table. "You brought me my favourite student." He pushes me forward only to fall right in front of his sister. Her hand finds my arm and she rolls up my sleeve. "Too bad you are hiding this, are you ashamed of your status? Don't you like my art?" She holds up my arm in front of everyone. Blood traitor. I try to get out of her grip but it is way too firm. "Calista Garfield, you have to learn how to follow the rules." I look up to the headmaster, who is now standing in front of me. "Did you really think we wouldn't notice you sneaking out?" I am a mess, my feelings are all over the place from before, besides it all gets heightened because I am pregnant... Although I don't know how long I still will be. "I hoped you wouldn't notice-" I start but Snape hits me in the face hard. "Where are you going?" Silence. Again someone smacks me in the face, only now it's the Carrow brother. "You answer the question when the headmaster asks you something." He says mean, pushing his wand hard on the skin of my neck. Blood slides over his wand, my blood. 

 "Where did you go?!" Tears roll over my cheeks, which encourages Amycus to humiliate me even more. "Say it!" The knife finds my neck yet again, causing me to blur it out. "London, the graveyard!" Their laughs echo over the whole great hall. "You like hanging out with the dead?" "Shut up!" "Imagine wanting to hang out at a graveyard instead of your friends-" the Carrow sister says mean. "That tells me there is a fair chance most of her friends are dead!" "Enough!" Snape stops them and I am thankful for that. "But headmaster-" "I believe she understands the consequences if she pulls a stunt like this again." His almost black eyes find me. "Get up! Get up!" He repeats when I don't move. When I am on my feet again he grabs the arm with the letters tightly and pulls me closer. "They- we will not hesitate to kill, so make sure to stay in line." The way he says it almost makes me feel like he doesn't agree with it. "You will have detention for the following 3 weeks. Now. Sit down!"