Ch. 8

Abraxas POV

        We got back from break and were sitting at the Slytherin table. Dahlia and Tom were talking to each other quietly and smirking, they had been hissing to each other in the carriages but they told us they would find out the next morning.

        When the next morning came, we made our way down the steps where everybody else had been waiting. Dahlia and Tom were the only ones not down. I looked curiously at Luna's smirk. "We are about to have some entertainment," she whispered loud enough for us to hear. That's when the two we were waiting for came down looking quite angry.

Tom POV

        Dahlia and I had timed to when to come down the stairs. The time soon came and we both made our way down, we turned to each other looking angry, I'm surprised I didn't flinch, Dahlia has a scary glare.

            "How dare you do this to me!" I yelled

"Oh please you deserved it" Dahlia responded

"How did I deserve that hex!"

"Well when you keep being like 'Oh I'm the loner that's better than all of you, bow down peasants!' it makes me want to hex you!"

"I think we got there attention!"

"Well if we didn't before,  we do know"

"There faces are hilarious"

"Especially Lestrange's, he knows he's done for"

We then turned to the shocked (and amused faces of our Slytherin Group), "What?"

        They all bowed except Lestrange who like Walbitcha through a fit, "No I'm the King!! Not these two mudbloods!" then everyone froze. I saw abraxas put an arm around Orion before he could attack someone. "Okay first of all," Dahlia started, "The Peverell family ranks a whole lot higher than you, Tom here, along with Charlus Potter are my cousins through the Peverell's. It also amazes me how much you blood purity fanatics are idiots. You don't realize a halfblood may have a pureblood mother, like Tom's mother is a Gaunt, you also don't realize, that if a muggleborn were to actually go take an Inheritance Test they would find they are a descendant of a squib. Proof? My mother was a muggleborn and yet I take an Inheritance test and to my surprise Slytherin and Ravenclaw were marked as maternal, doing research Ravenclaw and Slytherin had a descendant who was a squib. Tom and I are going be co leaders, I will take over when he's graduated, and we want two things to change. Make a friend outside Slytherin, we are so isolated because of Dumbledore but people especially the Gryffindors are turning against him, take advantage, second, encourage more muggleborns to take the test, use my mother as an example if need be. Got it?" the stunned snakes all nodded. "Now, you obviously know who the new Court is now lets go", I said and walked out with Dahlia while having Orion closely following Dahlia while holding her hand.

Abraxas POV

        After that lovely bit of entertainment, we all as the new Slytherin Court walked ahead of the other Slytherin's and walked to breakfast and filled Charlus in on what happened. Dahlia had walked off to talk to the top two gossipers of the school, which was a bit confusing but we didn't make a comment since Luna's knowing smirk had resurfaced on her face.

            Dahlia had just finished talking toSeliphinia Lovegood and Randall Skeeter, also known as the two gossipers.She came back over to our group and finally answered our unasked questions, "Iwas mentioning how muggleborns should get an Inheritance test as they are morelikely from a squib line, same with halfbloods, that's how I'm in the Slytherinand Ravenclaw lines, they had squibs. I thought the best way was to get to knowa certain bug's parents." That's when Luna had a slightly disturbed look on herface, "I can't believe I am technically related to the bug," we all knew whoshe was talking about with the cute scowl on her face. Dorea then asked, "Butwhy?"

            "Dumbledore likes to steal from the ones he knows and put compulsions on all students but I figured it would be more halfbloods and muggleborns as they most likely don't have rings but can pass on to others who don't have one." We were all shocked, had Dumbledore really stooped that low to steal from muggleborns. "Soon, when he takes over for Dippet, under compulsions might I add, he will take away many classes, like spell casting, wizard studies and languages will be all gone."

        "So when they take an Inheritance Test it will also show potions and compulsions they were on and who administered them," Luna added and wrapped her arms, showing her new courtship ring, around my arm as she went into a daze.

        "So hopefully Dippet will be against it," Charlus said. We talked about a few other things before Luna came out of her daze. "Something will be revealed during the Myrtle incident that will for sure get Dippet on our side and Dumblewhore out of here," she informed us. We know Tom was now protected as Tom gained his Slytherin Heirship Ring along with the Gaunt one after Dahlia had Thanatos "take care" of the other Gaunts. He had taken an Inheritance test to find that Tom Riddle Sr. was a descendant of a Nott squib. he had found the compulsions and potions to make him evil and ignore his emotions even though those broke when he got those memories. He made sure to get a copy in case he needed it for the case against Dumbledore.

            Soon after lunch, Tom and I had gone to Potions while there was a third year Gryffindor/Slytherin charms class the others were in. By the time supper had come around we started hearing plans others were taking to go to Gringotts and get a test done. They were planning to head there when the Hogsmeade trip came up. As those plans were all heard I saw Orion turn to Dahlia with a nervous look and asked her something to which she smiled and nodded enthusiastically. They hadn't been able spend much time with each, having to deal with Walbitcha and all of us and most of Slytherin house were close to cursing her. Merlin, Slughorn looked about ready too. When we had gone back to the dungeons we didn't notice Dahlia's eyes widen again as she again saw a blonde man in green robes.