Chapter 92

Third POV

Rodolphus had been eager to get down to the Underworld. He wanted to see Melinoe again, but Hades, Orion, and Charlus all agreed that he needed to learn to control his temper as he tended to set himself on fire when he did. Orion and Charlus had explained that they even had spent a little bit of time away from Dahlia and Dorea because they knew they weren't holding their tempers very well. He was learning to control his hellhound and was doing rather well alongside Orion when they went out to do their jobs. Sometimes he went with Dahlia and Bellatrix to see if he could spot who they were screaming for that did something bad but hadn't been marked. After a month Rodolphus started testing himself with the younger kids, James and Sirius and whoever they pulled along with them made sure not to prank him until some of the adults said otherwise.

Dahlia and Orion did the first prank, although it was Regulus and Lyra's ideas, they couldn't do that kind of magic yet so they made it that everything that Rodolphus was going to touch would move out of the way. He had spent the night and tried to reach for his hair brush but it moved to other side of the counter, then in the air, until it landed in his toilet, on the other side of the room. His silverware kept moving, even his food, at least until he stabbed it almost breaking the plate. It took three hours for this to happen before they started seeing the smoke appear on his body, which was really good progress. Sirius asked the house next time to randomly lock doors that he was using, James asked Prongs to randomly sprout of his horns he has in stag form towards Rodolphus and not Orion (Prongs put up a fight but agreed to do it after James said he could continue doing it to Orion afterwards), Severus, much to everyone's surprise, slipped a color changing potion into his food after Eileen had made it because he still couldn't reach all the potion ingredients he needed and Eileen and Dahlia had said he can start practicing potions in the Peverell Manor when he can actually reach the ingredients. The Slytherin-Gaunt children would tell him puzzles or riddles that would make his head hurt, and would only talk in puzzles or riddles. The Malfoy children followed along those lines, but they took after there mother and said things that would make sense to anybody else.

So, Rodolphus would end up having his face meet a door quite a few times, until he used his hearing to know if the door just locked, yes Sirius had another reason with his prank. Rodolphus would jump whenever Prongs' antlers sprung out, when Widow (Jane's familiar) would smile showing some large wolf teeth that shouldn't belong to a cat, and when Rebel (Jade's familiar) would randomly pop out of nowhere and steal his things like a fox. It also eventually helped him not jump from certain things and keep calm, although it didn't help when Bane and Midnight wanted to be involved. They had both been in cat form and Bane would let out a roar worthy of a lion and Midnight would let out a Skriker screech, which of course offended Shadow. He didn't like it though when he found out Severus was the reason his hair had turned pea green and his skin neon pink, but kept his temper. The Slytherin-Gaunts and Malfoys just made his head hurt.

After dealing with these pranks for two months, which involved the ultimate prank of pouring flour on him (Sirius and James were told about muggle pranks by Lily, Dahlia, and Kol), he took a deep breath and didn't start to heat up, they were a bit relieved, flour is flammable after all. Rodolphus was finally in the Underworld! Hades had greeted him, "One last test. Melinoe is somewhere in the castle, find her," was all he said and Rodolphus was off. He sniffed around and was getting frustrated, he found Nico, Bianca, and Persephone's scents, but not Melinoe's. Hell, he even found Thanatos. Eventually he calmed himself down, thought about where he hasn't looked and went down a hall, feeling the mate bond become stronger and he ran down to see a figure with half black and half white hair staring back at him. He ran for her and picked her up as she wrapped herself around him and he inhaled her scent, finally happy he could be with her again. "It took you two hours," Melinoe had said and heard a whine and looked back up at him, "Hey, dad thought you would've taken almost double the time, you did good," she said and saw the happy smile on his face that made her smile back.

Fabian and Gideon on the other hand were very anxious for when the Mikaelson's would visit again. They had been given the magical mirrors so Elijah, Nik, Kol, and Rebekah could talk to their mates. Kol had come back before the others to help with Rodolphus and his temper, but Rebekah had run into some problems, they had a run in with Mikael and were trying to get him off their tracks. While Niklaus still was not able to turn into his wolf, Dahlia helped him clear his mind and Ansel would visit to help him at least connect with his wolf. His siblings had begun to notice that his wolf being blocked was the big reasoning of him being temperamental so much, other than how he was raised and abandonment issues. Nik had been able to gain the extra strength of when he was a hybrid and had the pleasure of taking a metal pipe and slamming it against his stepfather's head. Then they grabbed the blood that gathered and ran. The blood was used to track down Mikael easier for when they had a plan of what to do to him. They were going to use the siblings' blood combined to find there aunt and make a plan for her and bring back Freya.

When the Mikaleson's had entered the Peverell Manor, Rebekah had almost been tackled by two tall identical redheads who were acting as excited as they were before as children. The twins hadn't seen her in a bit, she was sad she couldn't be there for their inheritances but checked in with them afterwards and the twins assured her they were okay, they just had some major headaches. Rebekah was enjoying the attention from the twins and were happy they were the same age now, physically at least. The twins couldn't wait for another month to pass as they will have graduated and could freely use their magic. Rebekah for some reason had wanted to go to Ireland. When the twins had graduated they had immediately took her there. There favorite pass time was going into the pubs and watching the twins start a fight. Sometimes she got involved being the distraction, which would make the twins even madder when the attention was on them and cause even crazier fights. Rodolphus had let Melinoe show him around Italy, like her father Melinoe loved Italy. Persephone couldn't even fault her husband for that after he took her there too. He even came back one time to show Nico and Bianca some places they went that they didn't go to in this timeline. It was a mutual and silent agreement that they would make Maria very happy until she died.

Bellatrix on the other hand had begun reading about her mate's type of werewolf as she was told it was different than what Fenrir Greyback and Remus Lupin had been. She wanted to know how to help him the best she could when a certain fire happens.