Chapter 23

Third POV

At the opening feast for the new year, Armando had stood up, "Hello everybody and welcome to a new year of Hogwarts. I know many things happened last year and hopefully this will be a start of a new Hogwarts. As you can see more frames and portraits had been found of our Founders," he motioned towards the upper wall where the Founders, who waved, were overlooking their respective tables. "For first years, I'm sure the older years will explain this to you. Now, you will also find the only actually painted portraits of the Founders are now the guards for their respective Houses. My second announcement, unfortunately the first and maybe second years will be able to have this opportunity, but I want all to participate, I want to know new suggestions for the school, whether it be classes, or a rule, there is a suggestion box in each common room that will get sent to me, please put your name on it so in case I am interested, I know who to talk to. Now, please, enjoy the feast."

Tom POV

"So when do you first meet with him?" Abraxas asked me.

"Well we had already been talking; I brought up the idea of getting suggestions and bringing up the thing about the magical cores. I'm happy he decided to do it though. I have a free block before classes finish on Tuesdays and Thursdays to have him teach me," I explained.

Wewent to the common rooms to find students gaping Salazar's portrait over thefire place. Dahlia and I stood in front of everyone with Orion, Luna, Dorea,and Abraxas behind us. "Welcometo the Slytherin House, this House will still have the same rules as last year.Hopefully this will go easier because I'm sure many of you have made a trip toGringotts for a blood test?" many students nodded, "Okay, just to reiterateespecially for the first years. If we do something we do not get caught. Wedon't judge muggleborns, they may have questions on our heritage when theylearn more about it, some may be eager, but please try not snap, they are excited;it's something brand new to them. If need be just politely request to calmdown. And lastly try to make acquaintances who hopefully may become friendsoutside the House, we're not forcing you, we are just encouraging it."

*Next Day*

            On our way to lunch, Dahlia and Orion, were a bit behind and rushed to catch up, we looked at them confused before they said in sync, "We did a thing," and left it at that. A Gryffindor who hasn't quite got his roar yet came up to us, followed by Charlus. "I wanted to know if one of you would be able to help me, I thought about what Dahlia and Tom had said about how they grew up, and I want to be able to get out of that situation too," he revealed his parents were more verbally abusive and liked to throw holy water in his face. They've even tried to drown him before, and hit him in spots that wouldn't be seen. "Have you taken a blood test at Gringotts?" Dahlia asked softly. "Yeah an older muggleborn student let me tag along to get to Diagon Alley and he strongly encouraged me to get a blood test to see if I actually had some relatives, which I did find out I'm a descendant of a Prewitt squib," Orion's head perked up. "My sister is about to marry into the Prewitts, maybe her soon to be in laws would take you in. Are you willing to learn more about the Wizarding World traditions?" he asked the boy, he nodded, "Do you have the results with you?" he nodded, "Yes I have it with me," he pulled out the document and gave it to Orion and made a copy. Orion handed him back one copy and said, "I will write them a letter and give them this as proof, they should send you a letter with an answer," the boy smiled widely, "Oh, and please go see the nurse for a treatment plan," I stated. "Yes and follow it, it will help you heal quicker."

 Later I had my first session with Armando, "Ah, Tom, Come in, sit", he said. I sat down and saw he was looking through suggestions that appeared. "Any catch your attention?" I asked.

"Oh yes, there is a very common one that I had been thinking of adding anyway as a class," he answered.

"Oh?"

"Yes, wizard studies. Many muggleborns said that would make things much easier for them to transition, it would be required in first year and some say muggle studies should be required for first year too," he explained.

"Well I think it would be a good idea as a muggleborn asking the wrong people too many questions can make them snap at them and then people who grew up in the Wizarding World won't be confused when somebody makes a reference to a muggle item," I agreed. "Any others?"

            "No not really, but let's get started on the lesson," the lesson lasted about 45 minutes before I met the group at dinner. Orion and Dahlia were getting a bit too happy about what was coming even though they hid it so well it was a bit scary.

"We stayed in the common room before hearing two screeched, one a tiny bit manlier than the other. Both Lestrange and Walbitcha came running down holding their heads, but here's the thing: Walbitcha had obviously gone bald, while Lestrange now had rainbow hair and the colors moved. Some people tried to help although they obviously did not want to. We turned back to the soon to Lord and Lady Black who again in sync said, "That was our thing."