Chapter 98

James POV

Sirius and I still formed the Marauders but Frank was added, so were Severus, Crowley and Pandora. We decided to include outside the Gryffindors, Pandora liked to mischievous at times and Severus liked being included and helped with some potions based things while Crowley came up with the ideas. Lily and Alice were honorary members, sometimes joining in, sometimes telling us off if they thought something was too far and none of us had caught it.

I was walking with Frank and Sirius to the library. I know, shocking, James Potter and Sirius Black are going to the school library. I noticed Sirius had gone quiet, I looked at him and saw the ends of his hair and his roots were faintly white and silver. "Is your mouth hurting?" I asked him. He nodded and made a signal to say it was only a little bit. Frank and I looked at him suspiciously, Frank knew what had happened to Sirius (most purebloods and half bloods in the wizarding world knew) and found out why he won't talk at times. We both knew though that Sirius had a high pain tolerance because of that experience. Neither he nor his siblings could get the glamour down exactly to hide their color changing hair (they didn't like people knowing there emotions); it either showed at the tips of their hair or the roots if strong enough. That's what made me think Sirius is hiding about how bad his mouth and throat feel, the silver was also telling me that he was anxious about something. "Do you want to go to Nagini or the healing wing for potions?" Frank asked. Sirius immediately shook his head no. "If it gets worse than let us know and we'll go," I said as we walked into the library, waving to Eileen who took up the librarian position, and found a private spot to sit.

Lily and Alice had quickly joined us while we waited for the others. We had made a study group where someone would teach what they were experts at. Frank and Alice took turns with Herbology, Severus took over Potions, Lily and Pandora for Charms, and Sirius and I would take over Transfiguration. Crowley would usually take over for other subjects while our older siblings would pop in and ask if we had more questions that another one of us couldn't cover. "Is Sirius' mouth acting up?" Lily whispered to me. I nodded, "I'm watching his hair color, he's lying about how much it's hurting since it peeked through the glamour but he's also anxious about something," I whispered back.

We studied for about an hour before our younger siblings found us. Sirius had gone to look for books we needed and I had noticed Regulus and Lyra both have silver in their hair too. "Something's gonna happen," they both said when asked. They sometimes got that feeling, they got that from Dahlia, they just had a sense if something was going to happen. Pandora was in a daze and had said, "Sirius is going to be found by Peter and Remus," was all she needed to say before Regulus and Lyra admitted they saw them on the way in.

Sirius POV

I was trying to find books off the list I had when my anxiety had suddenly gotten worse, "Well if it isn't Black," came Remus' voice. I ignored them, "Wonder why he's so quiet?" Peter questioned. "Maybe he's ignoring us?" came from Remus.

"Well that's not nice," Peter said in a way that really made my anxiety spike.

"Maybe we should do something about it," and before I could react, I was blasted through the book shelf and had others crash on to me. I was in a daze and briefly saw another shelf teetering and then it fell and my vision went black as I heard my name being called and my mom screaming.

James POV

We saw all the books fall, I noticed my sisters and Lyra silently sobbing as we ran over with Eileen. 'He's dead' Regulus hissed out. I looked sadly at Eileen who caught on, many students came looking as Eileen had stunned the two who clearly did it. "Regulus, get your parents, Crowley, get your dad, Pandora, your mom and Luna, the others will find out soon enough," Eileen ordered and the three ran off. "James get your dad, I think we'll definitely need Aurors involved," she told me.

Crowley POV

I ran as fast as I could to the Headmasters, "Dad!" I yelled walking in, he looked up startled, "Sirius is dead, Remus and Peter made all of these book shelves fall on him and the girls banshee sides had appeared and cried for him," I rushed out. Dad immediately got up, "Where?!"

"In the library," and we both ran out.

Pandora POV

I made it to the room where mom teaches the Light Grey cores, she already seemed to be getting stuff prepared, "I told Myrtle, she's already there waiting, let's go," she said and we both ran back to the library.

Regulus POV

I found mom and dad in the runes classroom, mom was sobbing and hyperventilating, dad looked at me as he held her, "Was it Sirius or Lyra?"

"It was Sirius, Remus and Peter made a lot of book shelves fall on him, one getting him in the head," I said making mom cry harder. I don't blame her, she did just scream for her own child. A patronus of a hare appeared in the room, "We moved him to the infirmary, Tom had taken the two and are contacting his parents," Luna's voice said.

Dad helped mom up and we walked down to the infirmary, I couldn't see my brother like that though, when his ghost first appeared, we saw how bloody he was. I was knocked out of my thoughts by mom putting her arm around my shoulders in comfort while dad had one arm around her waist. Her hair was a deep blue when we entered. We saw his body that was thankfully already starting to heal, at least enough to where he didn't look like he was for sure dead. Narcissa, Lucius, Rabastan, and Andromeda were all there. Dorea was too, Charlus and Abraxas went off to help Tom. The twins had come in after feeling the bit of chaos from the library. "Why does this keeping happening to Sirius?" Mom sobbed into dad's chest. "Guess he's got the Potter Luck, and not a friendly one," Dorea muttered.