Chapter 37

Orion POV

We were in a sitting room answering more questions for Bianca and Nico before Luna perked up from a vision she had and whispered into her sister's ear. My wife then perked up, "We have to go to Philadelphia," she suddenly said. "Somebody involving the future," she answered seeing my confused face. Thankfully we already had an international apparition license and Nico and Bianca wanted to see. We apparated a little bit away from Philadelphia and heard a man and a woman arguing.

Jasper Whitlock POV

I regret being in the Civil War, and I had to do it twice. I don't support what they stood for. If I had received memories of what happened before, earlier than I would not have joined. I did not enjoy the fighting, I realized my empathy abilities had manifested as a human, which would explained why I regretted it so quickly, and stuck with evacuating woman and children as much as I could. Peter had explained when I told him, that he knows I went with Alice to punish myself from all the deaths I let happen. He also said that's why I developed my split personality because I couldn't take it. I know Major didn't like what he had to do either but he knew he had to do it.

Peter had confronted me when I got out to go to the same diner I found Alice but this time look for a black haired woman with skin as pale as ours but with bright green eyes. She would be with a tall man with a light tan, black hair, and dark eyes, and that they may have two children with them. So as I sat there, I watched the door until two adults matching the description and two kids came in and sat in front of me, "Okay, I'm going to get straight to the point. Do you regret what you fought for?" the woman asked. Immediately I nodded my head borderline vampire fast. "Now, I'm going to tell you Alice is not your mate. She manipulated you by using your old beliefs against you and what you did," I was shocked but could see how Alice had actually done that. "So I'm just checking. If your mate happened to be darker skinned, are you going to treat them like they are everything to you and not mistreat them," the man had said bluntly. "What about if your mate is a man?" the woman added. I hadn't really thought of that possibility but if my mate is a man, I wouldn't be against it. I had come across in passing a few same sex mated couples and they were rather fun to be around when I kept an open mind. "I do not care if my mate is darker skinned or a male, I just want my actual mate and be away from the misery." I spoke, answering both scenarios. "Okay as I said, we were just checking, not that your mate actually fit either of those descriptions, we just hate racists and people against those not in a straight, one woman one man relationship," the girl they were with briefly looked at the boy that I'm assuming to be his brother with sad eyes.

"So I am going to give you the same option I gave Charlotte and Peter outside," they had looked out the window and I looked to see Charlotte and Peter out there waving. I turned back to the couple in front of me. "Do you know who the Original Vampires are?" the man asked and I had nodded. "I am giving you the option to be changed into something like an Original Vampire, you wouldn't be as strong as them, you will still have the mate bond and your gift but it will be easier to control. Your mate is somebody in my family that hasn't been born yet, so those questions were precaution because we are not going to have anybody like that in our family, okay?" the woman explained. I was in shock about the offer and turned to look at Peter who was nodding to say she was not lying.

 "I understand your concerns, and if I take you up on that offer, what do I have to do?" I had a slight feeling because nobody would give that offer without something in return. "You will still have to go with Alice and pretend you're under her manipulation. I can put a glamour on you so you would still look like a Cold One but somebody else from the time Bella Swan comes into the picture is going to be involved in my family to but I want you to watch over her. I can arrange for you to meet with your mate, but you will also have to discuss that with their parents. Your true thoughts and actions and be blocked from Alice and Edward, they will just be covered to match first timeline Jasper's thoughts and actions. Is that reasonable?" the woman asked.