Chapter 47

Dahlia POV

We met the Prewitt Twins, Orion and I were made their godparents. Lucretia and Ignatius didn't want to live forever and wanted to be at peace. They were killed by Grindelwald followers in the last time line, so as a precaution, they made this happen just in case. I feel like Fabian and Gideon knew some things like Bellatrix did. They were rather calm babies compared to the last time they were born which was a clue for their parents. They had also immediately cried when their sister had tried to hold them.

Soon after that Andromeda Black had been born. Orion and I both had suspicions, Cygnus had black hair like most of the members of the House of Black but Druella was a blonde and so was her parents, so why is Andromeda a brunette? We noticed Bellatrix would look awfully curious at me and Luna whenever she was with us.

 Soon after that, Bellatrix's second birthday hit. We were invited there that night before as Cygnus was a suck up. He didn't care that his sister had gotten herself disowned with her obsession with being Lady Black; he decided to be the 'suck up to the Lord and Lady' kind of person. Having gotten the elves on our side (they were abused elves) we asked them to let us know when Cygnus and Druella went to sleep. When we got confirmation that they were asleep, we waited until about ten minutes before midnight before making our way towards Bellatrix's room, passing Druella and Cygnus and made them stay asleep by my humming. We opened the door as we saw Bellatrix start tossing and turning as she gained her memories.

When she gasped and sat up, Orion went over so she saw a familiar face at first, "Bella its okay," he said softly as he comforted her. She looked around and saw me before she started sobbing, she reached her arms out for me and I picked her up as she cried, "I'm sorry," she repeated as I stroked her hair while she calmed down. When she calmed down a lot, she lifted her head to look at us both, sniffling and calming her breathing. "No Voldie?" was the first thing she asked. We shook our heads, "No, he is still Tom Riddle and will never be Voldemort. He's a good friend, and practically a brother to me," I assured her. She smiled in relief, "Now Bella, can you be honest with us?" Orion asked. She nodded, "Are your parents hurting you?"

I felt her freeze and was trying to keep my cool, "Yeah," she mumbled and started playing with strands of my hair. "Well, if you can be the brave girl I know you are, watch out for Andy, and after Cissa is born and has her memories, so when she is two, we will come and take you away from the them," the little girl's eyes lit up so fast as she eagerly nodded. I took out a necklace from my pocket, "Keep this on, it s a portkey, if the abuse gets to bad this will take you to the Peverell Manor where we are at," she put the necklace on before a frown reached her face.

"Why you so nice?" she asked me.

"Everyone deserves a second chance. This is your second chance to change your life around," was my response. She was thinking before she started crying again, "Bella, what's wrong now?" Orion asked, concerned. "Siri," was all she said before we took a deep breath, "Bellatrix," he said softly but firmly, the girl looked up, "You were not in control of yourself, your mind was practically gone, like Dahlia said, this is your second chance. You can have another chance with Andromeda and Sirius. Be a big sister to them. Be a protector to Andromeda and a confidant to Sirius. I think they would appreciate the effort you put forward, while I'm not sure what will happen with Sirius as that was most likely rather traumatic," he paused when he saw my nodding, "But work on it with him," he finished. I know Bellatrix had seen me nod but decided to not ask right now.

After she calmed down, we sat her back in her bed and left to let her sleep, we got back to the room we were staying in before Orion out up a silencing charm as the spell on Cygnus and Druella wore off. "What happened to him," he demanded. He was anxious wanting to know what his son had experienced going through the Veil. His demeanor softened when my hair became very blue (sad) and tears had begun to fall down my face. Sirius was a sore spot for both us, and would continue to be until he was born. "Darling, come here," he said softly and pulled me into his arms, "What happened to him?" he repeated softer.

"Thanatos," I called out. The deity appeared and Orion repeated what he wanted to know. "He felt very cold, which soon became an overwhelming pain because his soul was being torn from his body as the body was being torn apart. He couldn't move or talk, just feel. I will admit it took me the longest to find his soul because of how he had died. When he is born, he will be more sensitive to some things such as the cold and magic more than a child should. He knows Bellatrix was not in her right mind, but it will take him some time, so the suggestion you gave her will work out in the end," the god explained and I dismissed him. Orion pulled me closer as he realized both of his sons had died in very painful ways and we fell asleep holding each other.

 The next morning, we celebrated Bellatrix's birthday. The girl looked happy to see us and talked more with us and watched over Andromeda, already being a protector to her.