Chapter 41

Orion POV

I had sent a letter to my cousin about Elizabeth and how she had actually been descended from a Lestrange and explained her ability. I had gone to mine and Dahlia's room to find her already there with blue hair again. I knew this didn't help her mood since tomorrow was October 31st. "She had been like me. She was malnourished, punished because of her magic, and treated like a slave, she had to be given the same potions as me, I'm just glad that injuries list wasn't as long as mine would have been at that age," she cried into my chest.

Allclasses had been cancelled tomorrow as we want to give students the opportunityto celebrate Samhain and we had invited Elizabeth and Erik to join Charlus,Dorea, Dahlia, and I. Luna and Abraxas were going to help other students getthe process going as Luna being Mistress of Life would've found it ratheruncomfortable. Tom was going to help because even though he had fully acceptedhe didn't do it, he still gives Dahlia and the Potter's space every year onthat day unless one of three tells him to come.

The next morning I spent with Nico explaining the Samhain ritual and he seemed intrigued, I'm not surprised, and asked to be in on it, I had agreed since Bianca and Henrik would be coming. Dahlia had already gone off to a quiet area in our chambers that Hogwarts had made for her for this day. She had asked beforehand if she could speak with Elizabeth before the ritual so when the two had shown up with Bianca and Henrik, I sent her to Dahlia's spot.

Elizabeth POV

I got curious as to why Professor Ravenclaw wanted to talk to me. A door had appeared in the spot Professor Black had pointed to after saying, "If you stand in that spot, a door will appear to let you in if she allowed it," and I walked in. I saw comfortable chairs and Professor Ravenclaw there wrapped in a blanket looking at a scrapbook. "Professor?" I called. She looked up which is when I noticed she was crying she moved her blue hair, I think she's a metamorphmagus, and motioned for me to sit down in the other chair. "Okay I'm going to explain something rather personal, okay?" she started. I nodded for her to continue. "Around 20 years ago, when Grindelwald was still considered the Evil Lord, his symbol, although it was really Dumbledore's was the Peverell sign otherwise known as the Deathly Hallows symbol that they, or just Dumbledore, had become obsessed with getting. My family went into hiding and kept there last name a secret, others in the Peverell line had let them use their name when being sent to out in public. Of course one year, on this day, so long ago, my parents had been killed for wearing our family logo. I was about four at the time and Professor Hufflepuff, my adoptive sister had been three. I remember the whole situation; being a Peverell you have some kind of connection to death, such as having an intuition if something bad had happened to a relative. We were wondering why our parents were not home yet, until we found out two 'Grindelwald Supporters' had been killed. They gave descriptions and we realized it was our parents, people started bad mouthing them and we got no apology because they didn't know about us as the family was staying hidden. We had eventually been split up for a little bit and I stayed with my mother's muggle sister and her husband. As soon as I was there, I was abused none stopped, and treated like a house elf that gets punished a lot. They wanted to beat the magic out of me and would constantly call me a Freak," Elizabeth flinched, "I know that what you were going to say the other day, my husband and I both did. So, I know what you've been through, I've experienced it too, if I had a way out quicker I would've taken it. We got a letter back from Lady Lestrange," my head snapped up, "She would love to meet you and blood adopt you, they had a daughter but the late Lord Lestrange had killed her, only wanting sons. So you would give her boys a sister who they have always wanted and give her a daughter," Elizabeth was so happy she started crying and wrapped me in a hug.

Dahlia POV

When she had pulled away she looked at, "Would you like more time to mourn before the ritual?" she asked picking up on why I was alone. I nodded and gave her a sad smile and she left, I heard briefly her saying thank you to Orion.

A few hours had passed before the ritual began and I made my presence known. Bianca, Nico, and Henrik, had all hugged me followed by Charlus and Dorea, who I know went off to mourn for a little bit too, before I sat next to Orion and he began the ritual. Halfway through, the relaxing feeling hit as our magic came out and began to feel refreshed as we felt the magic in the air. I felt the spirits appear and saw Maria di Angelo appear in front of her children and basically had said she was proud of them and she supported Nico being gay, she was never against that in the first place. Erik and Elizabeth had seen their Prewitt and Lestrange ancestors who had given them some advice about the family and assured Elizabeth that she would be accepted into the Lestrange magic.

Oncethe ritual had ended, we all just sat there relishing in the feeling, "Whywould they take this away?" Elizabeth asked, sounding like me when trying tofigure out my herb mix and getting reallyhigh as a result. Charlus had jerked awake from his half-sleep, "I don't knowbut it's time to go back to dorms, get going," he ushered the two out afterboth Bianca and Henrik had silently asked to stay.