Chapter 22

Orion POV

        I was nervous about the trial, I knew Dumbledore was definitely going to Azkaban and Dahlia had told me what she found about Grindelwald. I was sitting with my mother as the floo flared up and we quickly rushed out to the floo to find my pissed off father and my shaken mate. Dahlia had tears down her cheeks and her face had gone more pale then usual and she was actually shaking. I grabbed her in my arms as she sank down into me, "Would you like some tea dear," my mother asked her. Dahlia nodded against my chest. We looked at my father for an answer to Dahlia's physical state, he took a breath before looking a bit angry again, "Well he has life in Azkaban, Grindelwald is being released, and the Deathly Hallows symbol has been fully reinstated to the Peverell's and nobody else. And then the goat, I can't even say his name right now, admitted that Tom was to be created as the next evil dark lord, and then revealed he had intentions to," Dahlia hid farther in my chest, "that he had intentions to break down the sisters and have them pleasure him, sexually," he said the last bit quieter even though Dahlia heard as she cried again, and I pulled her closer and inhaled her peach and mango scent to calm myself down.

            An elf came back with some tea and my father had grabbed a Calming Draught that Dahlia willingly took and eventually calmed down. Her mirror went off and I answered to find Tom and Charlus. Charlus looked pissed so I'm assuming his father told him what happened. "We just talked to Luna and Abraxas and Dorea is on Charlus' mirror. How is Dahlia?" Tom asked. They saw her curled up in my lap, "She took a calming draught after it was explained to us what had happened and we've kind of just been sitting here. How is Luna taking it?" I asked them. Dahlia looked at the mirror at that point, "She was visibly upset about it and wants you to call her after we're done," Charlus said.

            "Okay, should probably do that now anyway," I said.

        "And if Dahlia wants to go home, Luna and I will both be home," Tom added. Dahlia nodded and we ended the call before calling Luna who answered rather quickly. She had looked as if she was crying, "How're you doing?" she asked Dahlia.

         "Better,"she said. I can tell she was still quite upset but she wasn't lying.

Dahlia POV

        I left a few hours later after assuring Orion multiple times that I would be alright. I was greeted with hugs from Luna and Tom who both made sure I ate before I headed to my room. I was greeted by Thanatos who also looked a little pissed but concerned. I left for the bathroom to change clothes and came back to see him with his arms open. I ran into his arms and we lay down, I snuggled into his side, like I did with Orion, we just lay there, not speaking as I fell asleep.

            Over the next week, news got out about the trial and there was quite a shock. Tom and I got quite a few letters from people basically saying they were sorry that happened to us and how a sick man like that could do that to them. We got a few letters from muggleborns who got in contact with some of magical family that they found in their inheritance tests. We got a letter from Ragnorak giving his thanks about how busy the goblins have been with muggleborns and halfbloods coming for blood tests, and then many others coming in to be tested for potions and compulsions, and many vaults being claimed. We also got others that said they were compelled not to tell anyone about the abuse they suffered because of Dumbledore. Some people have come forward about the abuse they had suffered from muggle parents and wizarding families were happy to take them in and tutor others about wizarding traditions.

            In Austria, Nurmengard had been found and Gellert had been found in poor health and was left with trusted healers for him to feel better. Gellert had a breakdown once he was conscious and told he was innocent. Tom and I got invited to go meet him. Tom guided me in to St. Mungo's and to Gellert's room. Tom knocked on the door and Gellert looked up. He had been reading the article about the trial and him being proved innocent. "We're Tom Riddle and Dahlia Peverell," he greeted as he shut the door; he gave me a look silently asking if I would be alright and I nodded. "Hello," Gellert said quietly and hoarse. We talked about what we had all gone through because of that man. A healer came in later and told us that Gellert would be able to leave but needs to be on bed rest for a bit. Gellert eventually stayed with us in the Peverell Manor where our immortal group got to meet him along with the parents.

            About two months later Gellert was healthy enough to go outside. He walked through Diagon Alley as we went early for my sake. Gellert did end up getting those memories of my previous life, and was even more upset about what Dumbledick did. People greeted him and some just looked surprised. People had accepted that he was innocent, they had just been surprised he had been out in public. He got to meet with Armando and they made a deal, "Gellert works on getting better this year, and teaches Dark Arts to those who have neutral or dark Cores," Armando told us. Tom had made the idea of having classes to help people with their cores, Gellert had agreed to cover dark, I had agreed to eventually take over for Gray, we just needed somebody for Light cores which we actually had been planning to see if Myrtle would eventually do it.