Regulus

"Reg? Why are we meeting here out of all places? This place is more disgusting since the last time I stepped foot in it."

"This is the only place I can talk to you in private without having Deatheaters down my ass." Regulus rolled his eyes and shut the door. "So this is where you and the boys escaped to every month?"

"Yep. Don't say anything and we'll be okay." He nodded and I sat down by the piano. "Welcome to the Shrieking Shack, I guess."

"I feel most welcome here." Regulus said sarcastically and I laughed.

"What's on your mind, little Black?"

"Merlin how I missed that." Regulus smiled and sat down next to me. "How are things?"

"Hell. My parents died a while back, James is losing his sanity, Sirius is getting nightmares again, Peter's nowhere to be seen for weeks at a time, and Remus is injured again." I shrugged.

"How are you, Jade?"

"Slowly and surely losing my shit. If I don't do something I'll end up even crazier than your cousin. I'm trying to keep my family together and it's hard, Regulus. It's so fucking hard." I said tearing up.

"I think this is the first time I've ever seen you so vulnerable, Jade. It feels weird." Regulus chuckled and hugged me. "You can cry, you know? Nothing we say will leave this place."

"I can't do this anymore, Regulus. I have people leaning on me and I can't lean on anyone because they're all counting on me. You have no idea how many times I've cried myself to sleep whenever Sirius is away. I don't want to bother James because I was always the stronger twin and he has his own problems to deal with. Remus knows half of it but I don't want him to worry about me, same with Peter. I'm on the frontlines and I've seen things, Regulus. I've been tortured for two months for Merlin's sake and I had to swallow my pride and beg for death. I begged your cousin and Nott to kill me. Can you imagine that?" I sobbed and tried to calm myself down.

"But you can talk to Sirius, Jade. Or even me. I'm not leaving you to fight this yourself. You're my big sister, Jade. I can't bear to see you like this."

"You graduate next year right?" I asked wiping my tears and he nodded. "I know I'm going to have a hundred arguments with Sirius about this but I don't care. After you graduate, would like to come live with us until you got your own place? I don't want you in Grimuald Place, Reg. You should've left when Siri did."

"I had to stay in order to give Sirius a chance to leave. If both of us left, it would've been worse for all of us. I don't think me leaving is a good idea, Jade. I want to, believe me. But it's not the best idea right now." Regulus shrugged. "Besides, if I leave who will tell you what the Deatheaters are up to? I'm like your inside man."

"I know Reggie. But you'll always have a home with us, no matter what. Just promise me that you'll think about it and if you see an opportunity, you won't hesitate to come to us. You're my family too, Regulus. And you're my little brother no matter what."

"I promise I'll think about it and if things get really tense, I won't hesitate." I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you, Regulus. Now I can sleep easy." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"I know about the prophecy. Who are the targets?" Regulus asked and I tensed tearing up again. "Jade. You're not-"

"No, I'm not. Not yet, at least. But I do know who are the two possible kids. One of them is my godchild, Reg." I mumbled and Reg tensed.

"I probably shouldn't be showing you this, but you're my sister." Regulus sighed and pulled out a necklace. "This is Salazar Slytherin's locket. It contains half of his soul, I think. If I destroy it, he'll become mortal and you'll be able to kill him no problem."