Eight Potters

"SEVEN WHAT!?AND YOU'RE GONNA DO WHAT!?"

"Harry do you want Jade to have a heart attack or something? You don't say these things the morning after she had a nightmare." Sirius said and forced me to sit down.

"Seven horcruxes. Seven fucking horcruxes. And my godson has a death sentence and wants to hunt them like a fucking scavenger hunt. Lily is probably shaking in her grave or something." I mumbled looking at nothing in particular. Thank Merlin that the twins are napping.

"Jade-"

"Why? Just answer that. Is there something we haven't talked about? I know Dumbledore's death was painful to watch, can't relate, but Merlin's bloody ballsack Harry! This isn't a fucking joke. We're talking about parts of someone's soul. Look, I want Voldemort dead as much as the next guy, believe me. That asshole took everything from me. But they're souls, Harry. They won't be destroyed by just breaking them or saying 'please' and 'thank you'. I'm not saying that you can't do this, I have faith that you will be able to manage this, but look at the facts for a second. I can't bear to lose you, Harry. Not now. Not when our lives are finally getting on track."

"Jade, you know why I have to do this." Harry mumbled hugging me and I started to cry.

"Then let us, or even me, come with!" Sirius exclaimed tearing up.

"You two have Marlene and Regulus to take care of. I'm not letting Voldemort tear apart another family. I'll come back, I promise." Harry said and I shook my head.

"No more promises. They always get broken in the end. I can't take another broken promise." I sobbed. "Just try to come back to us alive. I don't want to let you go, but I know I have to. Make us proud, Harry." And please watch over him, Prongs and Doe. That's all I'm asking. Forget about me and take care of your son.

"We will. Don't worry about it."

...

"Hello, Harry! You're looking fit!"

"Yes, he's looking gorgeous. Let's get in here before someone murders him." Moody walked in and I rolled my eyes. "Blacks, always a pleasure."

"Hi, Moody. Cauldron's in the kitchen. Been brewing it since it happened with Solis' help. You know what to do." I said and he nodded.

"Where are the kids?" Remus asked hugging me.

"Burrow with Tonks and Charlie. Sunny?" Sirius asked.

"Here!" Sunny walked in and hugged us both.

"How's Beastling?" I asked.

"As good as it can be. Still trying to get ready for the new school year. It's intense now that Dumbledore's not here anymore." Solis chuckled and stood next to Remus. "Did you hear the news, Vix?"

"What news?"

"Guess who's the new headmaster? Hint, it's not Minnie." Solis gave me a look and I almost lost my balance.

"NO! OUT OF ALL PEOPLE!? I WOULD RATHER HAVE PEEVES RUNNING THE SCHOOL!" Sirius rubbed my arms in an effort to calm me down. "Merlin's bloody ballsack! Out of all people!"

"Who is it?" Sirius and Remus asked. I pulled them closer to me and sighed.

"It's Snape." I whispered to the two of them.

"PEEVES IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE!" Sirius yelled and looked at Solis. "Do you approve of this!?"

"Absolutely not. But I don't have a say. Apparently it's all according to a plan or whatever, but I'm not sure. Nothing makes sense anymore." Solis shrugged and I rubbed my temples.