The Three Broomsticks

"Vix, take a look at this."

"Oh shit."

"Someone hide Snivelus. There's going to be a murder. JADE YOU CANNOT GO TO AZKABAN! YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MY SON! DON'T KILL HIM! YOU CAN KILL HIM ONCE THE YEAR IS UP! WE NEED HIM FOR THE WOLFSBANE! THINK OF MOONY! PLEASE!"

"What's up?" I sat down on the desk and Remus handed me the essays. "I'll be right back."

"Oh no you're not. You have to stay right here." Remus held me back and tightened his grip on me once I started to struggle.

"I'll make it quick but painful. I have a score to settle." Remus picked me up and sat me back on the desk. "Okay, that's just rude."

"Remember the wolfsbane. He's the only one who knows the correct dosage of aconite." I sighed and nodded defeatedly.

"You feeling okay? You wanna talk about it?"

"What's there to talk about? Snape took my one chance of presenting myself as a normal human being and not a monster. I was going to do it in a way that would make them see that werewolves are not so bad after all. He took my only chance." Remus started to cry and I felt my blood boil.

"Okay, I take it back. KILL HIM! KILL HIM GOOD!"

"JAMES HE'S A TEACHER!"

"And not a very good one. Slughorn was better. I liked his classes even though my cauldron exploded like ten times."

"Twelve to be exact."

"You know what? Fuck Snape and his childish ways. He refused to make the potion for you in the first place until Dumbledore begged him. I would've figured it out if I had Dad's notes but the Ministry has them. I'm here and I know that you're not a monster. I've defended you once, and I'll gladly do it again. Besides, nobody in their right mind would think that you're a wolf." At least I hope so.

"Well, you see. Hermoine kinda figured it out. BUT AT LEAST SHE'S A DECENT HUMAN BEING!"

"She reminds me of Jade, you know."

"Smart and terrifying?"

"And knows when to keep her mouth shut."

"YES!"

"You sure about that, Little Vixen? There are some pretty smart kids in this class. Look at Hermoine's." Remus handed me her essay. "She's bloody brilliant. I'm sure she figured it out."

"So? We figured it out by actually following you, until you sat me down and told me. Well except for Sirius, that just created a whole new trauma for him when he researched about abusive households. My point is, if Hermione is as brilliant as her grades show, she won't rat you out if she truly knows. Why? Because you're the best damn Professor these kids have seen, Moony. Even I'm learning things that I never knew existed, and I took the same class as you. You're a brilliant professor and finally working up to your full potential. These kids won't let that go so easily."

"Yeah? What about Lucius' kid? You've heard what he says about me." Remus mumbled and I scoffed.

"Draco's an idiot. He wouldn't know a werewolf if it slapped him in the face. He's right behind Hermoine in grades but that don't mean that he knows too. Out of all the kids, I'd bet all my galleons that Hermoine is the only one who knows. Snape's just being pathetic. Let it go, Moony. You still have a chance to present yourself properly." I shrugged and played with his hair. "Besides, we've got bigger things to worry about."