Calm days

"Can you stop hanging out in the roof?"

"Bite me, Padfoot. The twins asleep?" I asked as Sirius climbed up and sat down next to me.

"Just now. Everything okay? You've been spacing out more than usual and it's starting to worry me." Sirius put an arm around me and I leaned on his shoulder.

"I dunno. I shouldn't have let Harry go back to school. What's wrong with a leap year? Or even transferring schools? I'll even take Hermoine, Ginny and Ron with us, I don't care. I don't trust Dumbledore as far as I can throw him. Something's up with him." I mumbled and closed my eyes. "And the lack of sleep is getting to me. I'm exhausted."

"Wait, so I'm not the only one who's also getting that feeling? Thank Merlin." Sirius sighed and pulled me onto his lap. "If it'll ease your nerves, I could tell Harry to meet us in Hogsmeade."

"No it's okay, he deserves his space too. We're spending Christmas with the Weasleys this year. The twins' first Christmas! You excited?" I smiled and heard crying. "Marls or Reg?"

Sirius gave me a look and I nodded.

"Regulus." We said in unison and went inside the nursery.

"You've got a nice sets of lungs, little guy. I'm impressed that your sister hasn't woken up yet." Sirius said picking up Reg. "Diaper this time. I got it."

"Marlene is just like her father. The world could be ending and she won't wake up." I smirked and rocked the crib yawning. "If you would've told me when we started dating that we would be doing this today, I would deem you insane."

"Why? I told you once that I wanted to have kids with you, remember? We were like sixteen I think." Sirius yawned and started to rock Regulus trying to get him to sleep.

"Let's be honest, Pads. You looked as if you had liquid luck running through your veins all the time. Does the chandelier ring any bells?" He rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"That was one time, sunshine."

"Yeah? Then what about you dressing up as Minnie and almost convincing me to make a polyjuice potion so you could turn into Filch." I said as I fixed Marlene's blanket.

"It was for a common cause! I was trying to get Prongs and Moony out of detention so we could switch all the quills to the exploding ones!" Sirius yelled and Marlene started crying. "Really? Now you decide to wake up? That's rude."

"You woke her up, you put her to sleep." I smirked and took a sleeping Regulus from him. "In the meantime, this little man and I are going to get some much needed shuteye. I'm exhausted."

"Rude!"