Teddy

"The bed felt cold, so I knew you were out here. You always loved watching the sunrise."

"There's just something poetic about it, I guess. You do know that you didn't have to wake up, right?"

"I spent twelve years waking up without my beautiful sunshine next to me, I don't plan on spending any more." Sirius shrugged sitting behind me and wrapped a blanket around me. "You look freezing cold."

"Barely felt a thing." I mumbled and leaned back on his chest.

"Wanna tell me what's on that beautiful mind of yours? Or do I have to guess?" Sirius said wrapping his arms around me.

"Just everything, I guess. Downside of having anxiety, depression and possibly PTSD, every little thing makes you overthink." I shrugged

"And why didn't you wake me up, sunshine? We could've talked about this."

"You looked so peaceful sleeping and I don't want to interrupt your beauty sleep." I smirked.

"Well thank you for taking my beauty into fucking consideration. But I really don't mind, sunshine. I know how much your mind wanders sometimes. You wanna talk about it?"

"Do you think we did the right thing? Using dark magic to protect the kids? Especially the blood protection charm? That knife was laced with dark magic, y'know?" I shrugged and turned to face him.

"I kinda had the feeling that it was laced with dark magic the moment I looked at it." Sirius chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "And yes, we did the right thing. Hell, I expected something way darker like sacrificing a goat or something. But I know that you would do anything and everything to protect the twins. The charm will work, sunshine. We just have to wait and see."

"That hasn't been done since medieval times, Pads. And I'm not completely sure that the charm will work. I do have a bad reputation of jinxing myself." I mumbled.

"What happened to Prongs all those years ago was something that neither of us could control. And let's be honest, we both knew it was gonna happen. The dumbass fought Voldemort without his wand and he never understood wandless magic. What do you think was gonna happen, sunshine? Voldemort was gonna give him a hug and points for trying? Fucking dumbass." I laughed and shook my head. "You wanna try and get some sleep now or do you wanna stay up a while longer?"

"Can it be just like old times? I miss that." I said and Sirius nodded smiling softly.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

"Awwwww! Wait- You fought Voldemort without a wand? And you didn't even think about turning into a stag!?"

"Shit happens and I act on instinct! This is why I'm a Gryff, Lily! I do stupid shit! And what about you Miss brightest witch of our year? What happened to you?"

"I had a full on conversation with him, dumbass. You didn't even get to the hellos before you were thrown to the floor like a fucking rag doll. Fucking dumbass."

"Hey!"

"Oh let's be real honest here, James. Your sister would've socked and crucio'd Voldemort before he even took out his wand. That woman knows no fear."

"Jade fears a lot of things.Loss, rejection, love, etcetera. Death isn't one of them. She welcomed death with open arms three times in her lifetime. But it's true, she could look at Voldemort dead in the eye and not even flinch. I mean, she made fucking Umbitch tense up by just mentioning Sirius in a cold tone. If I wasn't dead, I'd dig my own grave right then and there."