Birthday

"Guess who?"

"DIDI!" Harry yelled and walked towards me. Wait walked!?

"You're walking now!? Oh Merlin I'm so proud of you, Bambi!" I picked him up and handed walked towards the kitchen. "When did he learn to walk!?"

"The day of yours and Sirius' anniversary. We would've gone see you or something like that, but you left for a mission three days later." James shrugged and hugged me. "How's the pup?"

"Giving me morning sickness and I'm barely sleeping. The craving are kicking in though. Before he left, Pads once had to go to Diagon Alley to get me ice cream because I refused to eat any of the ones we already have at home." I shrugged and sat down.

"How long has it been?" Lily asked me.

"Almost two weeks. No letters, no nothing. I haven't even heard from Regulus. Last time I talked to him, he told me that we can't meet up anymore because he doesn't want to put the baby at risk. I just hope they're okay." I said sadly and handed Harry his gift. "From uncle Padfoot and I."

James helped Harry open it and he screamed once he saw it.

"NO WAY!"

"Yes way." I laughed. "It levitates two feet off the floor so you both can still keep an eye on him. I would recommend putting the everything away when he gets going."

"This is amazing! Thank you both so much!" James stood up and hugged me.

"You're welcome boys."

...

"So where is Sirius?"

"Honestly? I don't know. He didn't want to go. He told Dumbledore off at the last meeting and said that he didn't want to leave his pregnant wife alone. So guess who's not going on any more missions for a while?" I rolled my eyes and Lily handed me some tea. "Thanks."

"And what about the pup? Did Dorcas took you to the muggle hospital?" She asked sitting down.

"Her and Mary took me. I was a month pregnant when I took the test. So that makes me like three months and a half along if I'm doing my math correctly." I smiled and looked at my bump. "And I'm at the point where the smell of meat irks me and my shirts don't fit. Same with the jeans."

"So that's why your wearing Sirius' shirt?" She smirked.

"That and because I miss him like crazy. I'm losing my mind here, Lils. Harry and the pup is the only thing keeping me sane." I mumbled.

"I hate to ask, but have you heard from Regulus or Remus? Peter came the other day but couldn't stay long."

"Moony is doing something for the Order Merlin knows where. I'm glad him and Pads buried the hatchet and are better than ever. Wormtail hasn't come to see me in a while and given the fact that my morning sickness isn't letting me leave the house, I haven't been able to go see him either. Sadly, I haven't heard from Regulus since he graduated. I've written to him but he hasn't written back and I'm getting worried. I even sent a letter to Grimuald Place just to see if he was home but I think Walburga burned the letter or something. I'm grasping on straws here, Lily. I just want my family here. That's all I ask."

"But you two used to be so close, Jade. I'm sure he's okay. This Deatheater stuff is probably getting to him and doesn't want to put you in harms way." Lily said and held my hand.

"I don't know anymore, Lily. And what breaks my heart even more is that Sirius doesn't hate him anymore. He's even told the pup stories about Reg that I haven't heard in years. He talks to the pup about 'Uncle Reggie' and it breaks my heart that Reg is not there to hear him." I wiped my tears and sighed.