Chapter 48

Edward P.O.V

My head was about to erupt with a million of questions, who would've tried to kill Bella? Who was so heartless to do something like that? Who hated her that much? The worst part is that, that person lives under the same ruff we do.

After their ultrasound, Emmett and Rosalie came here. Emmett, like me, was pissed. So pissed and sword to God that if he found whoever did this will pay. And yeah he will.

Hours, hours and hours go by and there's no sign of Carlisle. Renee looks like she's about to have a panic attack, Charlie looks miserable and I feel like shit. I put my head between my hands, waiting, waiting and waiting.

"Carlisle!" Esme says, impatient.

When I hear his name I jump to my feet and run to him. He looks tired, his clothing is all messed up and his eyes are red, from what?

"How's Bella?" I asked.

"Edward-"

"How is she? How's my child?" I snapped. "I want to see her, is she okay?"

"Edward, she's okay now. She's out of any kind of danger for now," he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. "She's resting right now. She has some broken bones, scratches. She was in danger of having a miscarriage but thank God we got here on time to save the baby."

Suddenly, I felt how all stress fell off my shoulders.

"Now, we need to keep her in bed... Probably for the rest of her pregnancy."

"Will that be a difficult job," Emmett said. "Bella is the most stubborn person on this earth, and she's not going to want to stay in bed for the following eight and a half months."

"She will if she knows it's for the baby," I said. "I'll find a way to keep her in rest."

"Probably, handcuff her to the bed," Rosalie said, trying to hide her smile. "That's the only way you'll keep her in one place."

"I'll find a way," I sighed. "Can I see her?" I asked.

"Yes, she's sleeping though so be quiet," he warned.

I nodded heading to the direction he gave me. When I open the door my eyes instantly fall on her body. She looks so fragile. Her lips closed, her bottom lip is busted. Some scratches on her face and arms. Her hair is pulled back in a braid on her left shoulder.

I sit right next to her, talking her warm hand in mine. She has little scratches on her wrist, the ones which I slowly stroke. The nurse comes and goee checking the monitors, her blood pressure, etc. Emmett and Rosalie came in, telling her that they were going to have a boy. Charlie came, telling her he loved her with all his heart and that he was sorry he wasn't there when she grew up, that he sorry he wasn't there, leaving her to grow up without a dad. Jacob and Irina came, she told me about her apologizing and she even apologized to me. Jacob just tooke Bella's hand and kissed it, wished her to get better soon and stop being stubborn.

"Wow," Renee said when she saw her. "My baby girl... Um, I hope you get soon better and don't stress yourself... Bella?" She moved her.

"Don't do that," I snapped. "She needs to rest."

"Oh, yeah. I love you, darling and just remember that whatever I do, I do it for the better of you and your brother."

"Not telling her who her father is was not for the better of her," I growled. "You knew, and you let her hate her own sister."

"You are no one to tell me what to do or not," she growled. "Everything I do us for own good."

"Probably," I said. "Fine, if you're doing whatever for your daughter's own good then... I'm going to ask you to leave the ranch."

"What?" She cried. "No, no, no, I'm her mother, you can't kick me out!" She cried.

"I'm her husband, and I'm not kicking you out," I said. "I bought you a house down at Forks, you can come and visit whenever you want. Emmett already told me that Rosalie and him are moving out now that they know the sex of the baby."

"But-"

"Jasper is moving out to continue his relationship with Alice and my dad is staying there until the year Irina has to be married is over. That's my home, mine and Bella's and it's suppose to be for two, not like... twenty."

"She'll never let you kick me out!" She hissed.

I laugh. "I'm not kicking you out," I repeated. "I'm offering you a house down at the beautiful town of Forks. You'll have your own maids, you'll be alright."

Renee wasn't happy at all with my decision but it's all I have to do for Bella and my child. I don't care what her family says. Hopefully, Tanya and Charlie will be heading back home in a few days, which means that we'll at least have some peace during her pregnancy.

It feels like an eternity when she finally wakes up but right when I was about to finally sleep. I laid my head on the belly, closing my eyes when she opened hers.

"Edward?"

"Hey, Love," I yawned. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore," she groan. "What the hell happened?" She asked, touching her head.

"Don't you remember?" I asked.

"I only remember walking to our room from the back porch then suddenly everything just went blank."

"Wait, you said you were heading to the room?" I asked, shocked. The stairs are in between the back porch and our room. She was not walking down the stairs. "So, you weren't heading downstairs?"

"No," she said, looking at me confused. "What's wrong Edward?"

I sighed, taking her hand in mine. "Then someone pushed you. Someone tried to kill you."

Author's Note:

Fifty Shades Of Grey is just two days away! I'm going Friday and I just can't wait to see it *0*

February 11, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324