Chapter 56

Edward P.O.V

When the helicopter landed, we saw everyone running towards the main house with buckets filled with water, screaming. Then, I saw the smoke coming out of the top floor.

"Oh, my God," Tanya gasped.

We ran off towards the house. The front part of the house where my family was waiting but not Bella or Beth, where are they?

"Dad!" Matthew ran up to me and hugged me.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Where's Bella and your sister?"

"I don't know," he sobbed. "Bella was in her room but she never came out and they're trying to go in and get them out."

"Boss!" Ivan came up to me, "Marcus caught Mrs. Swan outside the ranch with your daughter."

"What?!"

"He's bringing her with the baby."

"Tanya!" Esme yelled.

I turned around and saw Tanya running inside the house, smoke making it hard for me to see her.

"Tanya!" I yelled. "Wait here for when Renee comes!" I ordered running inside.

"Edward, wait!" Esme cried but I didn't listen.

"Tanya!" I yelled, running up the stairs and looking around. "Bella! Tanya!" I looked around and saw her breaking the door of my room down, she looked at me.

"She's here!" She yelled at me.

I ran up to her but just as I was about to enter the room, the flames came rushing out.

"Bella!" I yelled.

"Edward!" She yelled back.

"Where are you?!"

"Bathroom! Where's Beth? Matthew!" She cried from the bathroom.

I turned to Tanya and said, "Get the water, we gotta get her out of there."

"Mr. Cullen!" I turned around and saw the workers with the buckets. We started spilling the water over the flames. Coughing from the smoke.

I run inside, kicking the door down. Bella is sitting on the bathtub covering her face with a towel. I run up to her, wrapping my arms around her and picking her up.

"Leave that there," I point to the towel on her face. She nods. "Close your eyes." I walk out where Tanya and the others are trying to put the fire out.

"Lets go! This place is going down!" I said, running out with Bella in my arms.

"Come on!" Tanya yells behind me.

We run down the stairs. Once we're outside we see the fire department getting here and getting ready. I look down at Bella and see the blood stain on her skirt.

"Bella, are you okay?" I ask, alarmed.

"My stitches opened," she said. "Where's Beth?"

"Renee..."

"Let go of me!" A sudden shout stops me from finishing my sentence. We look over and see Marcus and Ivan walking up to us. Marcus was holding Renee by the arm while Ivan had Beth. He gave her to Esme and Marcus pushed Renee to the ground.

"Bastards! I'm gonna make all of you pay!" She cried. "Bella, Bella, sweetie, are you okay?"

I turn to Tanya who nods and helps me put Bella on her feet. She holds her by the waist, Bella, obviously a little confused, stands by her, holding her by the shoulders.

"Don't you dare talk to her," I growled. "I swear if I could kill you right now I would."

"What are you talking about?" Renee cried. "Bella let me take Beth for the day. God knows what would've happened if I didn't take her-"

"I know everything, Mom," Bella said, "I know you planned the whole thing with Steven and that you tried to kill Jacob... and now me."

Bella P.O.V

"No! No, that's not true!" She cried. "What would I get out of killing my own child?!"

"Mom, you always manipulated my sister because she was beautiful," Emmett said, "you were never sick."

"I did it because-"

"Because you're a greedy son-of-a-bitch!" I snapped. "You tried to kill Edward, Jacob, Matthew and even me! What kind of fucked up mind do you have!"

"What do you know about spending days in hunger!" She snapped. "You don't know what is it like to sleep on the streets, to have no money to feed two kids that cried all fucking day! I was rapped and had Emmett! Forced to marry a man I didn't love because my father thought I was a disgrace. But, I killed my husband because he would beat me. Then, I worked for Charlie, I fell in love with him. I gave him everything, he loved me. He promised me he would divorce his wife, marry me. He didn't care I had a son, my past, he loved me until he left me to see his wife who had a baby girl, his first child. He left me without giving me a chance to tell him I was expecting another child," she cried. "His child.

"I was stuck with you and Emmett, with no money until I started working. But, when you were older and saw that you captivated every man that went by, I started using to get me out of my misery but as always, you fucked it up! Just as you fucked up my life!"

"Shut up, Renee," Edward said, "the police will arrive anytime soon, so just shut up."

"No, no! I will not go to jail!" She stood up pulling a gun out of her jacket.

"Edward!" I yelled.

Jacob and Edward ran up to her, holding her down but she was moving the gun roughly, trying to get them off of her.

Everyone started yelling, scared.

"Edward!" I cried, holding tightly Tanya's hand.

Suddenly, there's a gunshot and everything goes quiet.

March 16, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324