Chapter 14

Bella P.O.V

"MOM!" I grab her arm. "What did you do to all the money I sent you for the past six months?!" I snap as the man kept taking out stuff outside.

"I... I... I needed stuff, okay?" She cries fake tears. Why isn't she so upset as I expected her to? "Your father never bought me nothing nice to wear and I never had anything nice." She says.

No, she couldn't had spent all the money. She had been whining about our debts for the past months and when I finally send it to her, she spends it on her personal interest!

"Mom, that money was to pay the owner of this house! To pay our debts! For your fucking medicine! Don't tell me you spent all on shoes, jewery and clothes for yourself!" I snap.

"I needed it!" She yells back.

"What you needed was to pay the fucking bills!" I yell. "Now they're taking everything from us, Mom!"

"I know! I'm sorry!" She cries.

"You should be!" I walk away.

They took everything but our personal belongings. They took our furniture, everything. I grabbed my bag with my clothes and stuff I needed. So did mom. They kicked us out and locked us out.

"Rose, can Mom stay with you?" I ask her when Mom gets in Rosalie's car.

"Sure, but where will you go?" She asks me, opening the driver's door.

"I called Alice, I'll be staying at her place until I figure put what to do." I say.

What should I do? It's hard finding a job, it took me weeks to find the job as a maid for Mr. Cullen. Mr. Cullen... His wife...

"Bella, you're not thinking about accepting Mr. Cullen's proposal are you?" She asks me.

"I don't know... I have no other choice." I murmur.

"Bella, we'll figure it out, but you don't have to marry Mr. Cullen."

"Rose, I can't find a job, Emmett needs to be bailed out, I can't pay his lawyer and now mom and I have no place to go." I mutter.

"You have us," she says.

"And you have a baby to take care of," I say. "I don't know, I have to think about it. I'll call you later."

I walk towards the bus stop.

How am I suppose to decide this? Can I marry Mr. Cullen? One year. It's all the contract call for. One year of marriage and my family is out of debt. Emmett would be out of jail and everyone will be okay. One year.

A lot can happen in one year I guess. But what? How can I spend 12 months with him? Do I have to do whatever a wife is suppose to do with her husband? Please him. Would he make me?

"Ma'am?" A homeless man comes up to me to the bus stop. "Do you have spare change?"

I see the little boy next to him. Holding his jacket hiding from me.

"Is the child yours?" I ask.

"Yes, he's little Michael." He says.

"Hi, Michael," I say. "You can come out, I won't hurt you."

Michael let's go and steps forward. He's about four or five years old.

"Are you cold?" I ask.

He nods.

"I have my brothers jacket here." I take it out of my bag. "He doesn't need it anymore so I'll give it to you. Come here."

He walks to me and I put the jacket on him. Its was way to big for him but it was warm enough for him.

"Ah..." Michael says. "Thank you."

"No problem." I say.

I take out ten dolors from my wallet, all I have left of the money I own and give of to the man.

"Please, assure me you're gonna buy the child something to eat." I say before giving the money to him.

"I promise." He says.

I give him the money.

"Take care, Michael." I smile.

"You too, Miss." He says taking his fathers hand and walking away. He turns and waves at me with a huge smile on his face.

Like half an hour passes by and the bus gets here. I pay the two dollars and head to the back seat. The bus was empty, so much space and I choose the back seats. I lay my head on the window.

As the bus starts to move we pass by the McDonald's. I see the man with a two big bags of food. They sit on the street and start devouring the food.

The little boy looks at the bus that passes by and waves at me shouting "Thank You!" So does the man. I smile and wave back.

It feels good doing something nice. I lean back and close my eyes.

~~~~~ At Alice's Place ~~~~~

"So, what are going to do? I'm talking about you're boss thing." She says.

"I don't know, Alice," I lay next to her on her bed. "On part of me screams that is the right thing to do. The other says it's going to be the worst and longest year of my life."

"Whatever you choose, Bella, I'm here for you." She says.

"Thank you," we sit up and hug each other.

"Everything is going to be okay, you'll see." She says.

Hope so.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the little delay, I was having little trouble with finding my cat and lost track of time looking for him.

Next and last update will be at 10:00.

2/3

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324