Chapter 28

Bella P.O.V

The next day Edward took me to breakfast at one of the fanciest restaurants I've ever been in. I have to admit Jake never took me out as often but I didn't complain, I loved each and every single moment with him.

I sat beside Edward, waiting for the waitress to come with our order. We sit there talking a little, then suddenly he stops, looking at the other side of the room.

"What?" I ask looking over where he was looking.

That's when I see a women and - I think is her son come in -. The women was really beautiful, almost took away the thought that she was in a wheel chair.

Edward turns his hands into hard fists.

"Edward?" I touch his fists softly. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing." He closed his eyes hard and his lips turn into a fine line.

"There has to be something," I reply. "One moment you're okay, the other you stop and look at a women who's in a wheel chair."

He sighs looking down at his drink. I touch his hand softly, running my fingers between his so he'll let go of the hard grip he has on.

"I'll explain it to you later," he says.

"Okay... Um, can you at least smile?"

He frowns down at me.

"Please, for me?" I make the puppy eyes I learned when I was little thanks to Alice. "One smile. Please?"

He gives up and shows perfect white smile.

After we finish eating our breakfast, we have a little walk around the beach. I have to say that it was the most beach I've ever seen - and the day was amazing -. The sun shined as bright at the top of the sky; the cool air blew my hair and white dress softly; the birds flew from one place to another; the people would be tanning under the sun or playing in the water.

I hold Edward's hand as we walk through the beautiful beach.

"The thing is-" he starts to say as we walk, "-you know that my mother died when I was a little boy, right?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"Her name was Elizabeth. She had this beautiful curly bronze hair and her skin was white, creamy and so soft it was like a petal of a rose. Her eyes were this amazing green-to be honest she was just a beautiful women with this big heart that everyone could fit in. She would put me in bed with Jasper and sit there while Carlisle would read us a bedtime story. Help us with homework." He smiled. "She loved to ride on her horse. Every morning she would get up early in the morning and have a ride with me around the ranch."

I squeeze his hand gently and smile at him. "What happened to her?" I ask.

"I was eight and her, Jasper and I were going to meet Carlisle in Forks. A sudden storm hit and the car crashed. Me and Jasper came out with minor injuries, but her... She ended up in a while chair. There was a surgery that she could take but it was too risky. So, she didn't take it. Three months later she died out of depression; she didn't eat, barely ate something or let anyone see her.

"She would sit in her chair in front of the window and cry for hours. When she knew her time was about to come she gathered me, Jasper, Carlisle and Esme to say our goodbyes. Because Esme was my mother's best friend she asked her to take care us - especially Carlisle -. So, yeah," he chuckled. "That's the story."

I stop and pull his hand so he can stop and see me. His expression is tensed, like he's doing everything he cans not to cry.

"I know how it feels to loose a parent," I say. "My dad died right before I could even know him. Emeett doesn't remember him either. Mom never told us anything about him; only the simple fact that his name was Eleazar. What I want to say is... Is okay to show emotion, Edward, she was your mother and I know that as much that you loved her, she loved you."

"I know," he nods.

"And I'm here for you," I add, "I'm your wife now and I want you know that I'm here and you can tell me anything."

He takes my face between his hands and places a gentle kiss on my lips.

"That's what I love about you," he whispers. "You're brave and selfless at the same time."

I smile and press my forehead against his.

"I'm just trying to be a good wife."

"You're the best."

We start walking again towards wherever we're heading.

December 9, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324