Chapter 45

Bella P.O.V

Flash Back...

I walked up the stairs to the hallway, to my room. Jacob walks around the hallway and so we stand there looking at each other.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. Can we talk for a second, please?" He asked, walking towards me. "Look, I know that now you're in love with Edward but, well, I don't think that means we can't be friends, right?"

I sighed, "I guess not."

He smiled, taking my hands in his. "I need an advice from my friend."

"What kind of advice?" I asked, trying to take my hand away, but he doesn't let me.

"Irina wants a baby, I guess that with the news of you having Edward's made her want one."

I clear my throat, uncomfortable. I know that I'm with Edward, but Jacob was my first love, the thought of him with another women makes me feel... Strange.

"What would happen if she gets pregnant during our contract?" He asked me.

"It would add a extra year," I said. "But, mine and Edward's it's no longer valid. We're just married now."

"I see," he murmurs, stroking my hand. "Do you remember when we first met?"

"Jake," I sighed.

"Let me finish. When Jared introduced us I thought, 'damn, what a beautiful creature.' Then after we became friends... I guess all I wanted to do was hold your hand and leave in, inch by inch towards your lips." He starts leaning towards me.

"Jacob," I sighed, trying to back away.

Suddenly, his lips are up against mine, softly. I close my eyes, trying to see if there's still any spark, but there isn't. I immediately pull away, wiping my lips with my hand.

"Jacob-"

"Ha!" We heard a laugh. Irina was standing there with her phone on her hand. "Let's see how my dear cousin takes this."

"Irina, don't!" Jacob snapped.

End Of Flash Back

"That's what happened," I said after telling Edward what happened, "he kissed me but... Edward you have to understand that whatever Jake and I had is no longer there. Jacob is now understanding, he's trying his best to make it work with Irina, if she still wants to. But, we have to try to make it work, too. It's not just you and me anymore, there's Matthew and him," I touched my belly.

"I'm sorry, Bella," Edward sighed, "I never, in my entire existence wanted to hurt you."

"I know," I stroked his cheek, "it's okay. I'm okay but you need to control that jealously. Promise?"

He nodded, "I promise."

"How's Matthew doing?" I asked. Matthew didn't come back from the hospital, it was way too risky for him but he will be back in a couple of days.

"He's doing good, we'll go visit him tomorrow, alright?"

I nod, "okay."

"We also need to take Emmett and Rosalie so they can have their ultrasound. And we need to have ours."

"We do," I agreed. "I can't wait to see this little one."

"Me neither," Edward said, leaning over my stomach and placing a soft kiss on it.

Edward P.O.V

After a long talk with Bella, she decided to take a nap and I went to my office to finish the work I left.

When I walked in, Jacob was standing there, waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I came here to tell you what really happened-"

"No need," I said, standing behind my desk, "my wife already told me." I cross my arms over my chest and sighed. "What I did... I will regret it for the rest of my life. The last thing I ever wanted was to hurt her. I know that you were her first love, the first man she was ever with, the first kiss she probably had... I'm sorry for what happened to you two."

"Are you?" He asked. "I mean, thanks to that she got here, she met you."

"She hated me when she got here," I replied. "The first day, I remember that I was about to hit Matthew with the same whip I hit her with, she stepped right in between us and stopped me."

"I bet," he chuckled. "Emmett and Bella are all about being treated equally."

"They are," I said. "Look, I know Irina is still going to want to marry you, just because of what she inherited from my mother. That means we're going to have to live under the same ruff, which means we can't live in war every time we see each other."

"You're right," Jacob said, "we can't. Especially, because Bella is not in condition of being under pressure. Call it in peace?" He stretched his hand towards me.

I looked at his hand, doubting, then looked at him straight into his eyes. "Yes," I shake his hand firmly like men, "we can call it in peace."

Unknown P.O.V

As she stood there listening to how Jacob and Edward were finally making a Peace Treaty, she understood everything she will ever try would not end up the way she wanted them, too.

Everything because of Bella. She ruined this from the first moment she stepped foot in here. Now, she was having everything she wanted. A husband, his money, being loved and having children. Things she knows she'll never have those things, not with anybody because she realized she wanted Edward more than anything.

She walked down the hall, towards her room until she heard Emmett talking.

"Yeah, Rosalie and I are going to Seattle for the ultrasound. Edward and Bella will catch up the next day for theirs, than I'm meeting with Steven for the court," he said to who ever he was talking to. "Alice? She's going with Jasper, Edward's brother, to Wallace Falls early in the morning."

Everyone is going to be out, she thought. This might be my only opportunity.

Author's Note:

Sorry, I didn't update yesterday but here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoyed.

February 2, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324