Chapter 8

Edward P.O.V 

I was the having the worst day yet that wasn't the worst part. Tanya is divorcing James, her three year husband just because she noticed what she lost after she left me. Like now I believe her shit. Now her dad, Charlie wants her to be involved in our business. I didn't want that.

"You better do a good job, Isabella." i growl looking how she cleans.

"I'm doing the best I can, Mr...Cullen." She murmurs.

"You better."

"If you don't like my work then I don't see the point of me staying here." She's about to walk out but I get up and stop her. No one ever walks out when I'm talking.

"I didn't say you stop working."

"I..."

Suddenly I feel an awful ache on my left arm. I don't remember much just the awful pain, I was shaking and had a really hard time breathing.

Last thing I remember is that my head was resting on her lap and that she was touching me. Softly along my hair, cheek and behind my ear and whispered the most calming words. I also looked into her beautiful chocolate eyes.

It wasn't until now that I notice how beautiful this independent creature is. Not because of her looks alike to Tanya but because some way in another she's way more different.

After Carlisle says that I need a nurse I suggests it to Isabella I can't hold back the thought that she'll be closer to me being my nurse. She didn't seem convinced but she accepted.

"Need something else, Mr. Cullen? Hungry? Thirsty?" She asks putting her hands on her hips.

"No, I'm okay." I say looking at my hands.

"Fine, I'm two rooms away if you need me or something don't hesitate in calling me." Wow, without an attitude, that's new.

"I actually do need something, Isabella."

She rolls her eyes at me. 

"What would that be, Mr. Cullen?" She asks annoyed.

"I want to talk to you."

Her eyes open widely.

"About what?" She asks.

"About how you helped me. I'm not really good at this, Isabella, so I'm only doing it once. Thank you."

Her eyes are wide, I know that she must be really surprised because I am not usually thankful. But, she saved me, now, I am.

"Wow... Um, you're welcome, I guess." She frowns. "You do know I had no other option so I had to help you."

"You could of just acted like nothing, Isabella and leave me to die." I reply. "You didn't."

"Well letting you die is not something I would do, Mr. Cullen, that's not me."

"I know." I sigh. "Isabella, I know I've been a total dick with you so I want to tell you I want to try and be friends with you. Now you're my nurse I think we kind of have to get along."

"Get along? So what you want to be best buddies and forget the past six months?"

"Kind of," I smile.

"Well, um, you could try I guess. I don't really..."

"What?"

"Nothing. We could try to be friends, Mr. Cullen. Well goodnight." She starts to walk away but I grab her hand gently. Her skin is so smooth.