Chapter 16

Bella P.O.V

Edward smiles after I tell him that I accept being his wife. I decided this yesterday and now I need his help more than ever. 

"What's the cause of you acceptance?" He asked.

"I need your help, Mr. Cullen, and if marrying you is the way to help my family then that shall be."

"I'll have to reconsider," he says with an arrogant smile.

Fuck, I'm such an idiot!

"What do you mean, reconsider?" I ask. He's backing out, I know.

"Well not sure if I want to marry you," the asshole says.

Fuck, I'm so fucking stupid. The asshole was just playing with me, I've should've known better than that. Ugh! I'm so stupid!

"Fine, then there's no need for you to be here or help us," I growl standing up straight. I take the check out and give it to him. "I also don't need anything from you."

I walk away but his shout stops me.

"Isabella, wait!"

"What?!" I snapped looking at him.

"There she is!" He exclaims. "There's the Isabella I want to marry."

"What do you mean? You just said you have to reconsider?" I growl.

"Isabella, I know you got kicked out your house. Your mom told me."

God damn you, mom.

"The thing is, I don't want to marry the Isabella who comes up to me and says she has no other choice. I want to marry the Isabella who stepped between me and Matthew six months ago. The stubborn, independent one," he says.

"So what does that mean?" I ask.

"It means we're getting married by the end of the month, Isabella," he states.

End of the month. I sigh.

"Okay, we'll be married by then," I agree. End of the month, that's just couple of weeks from now, I thought I had more time.

He walks up to me, takes both of my hands between his and brings them to his lips. He places a soft kiss on each.

"I'm happy that you're going to be my wife," he smiles.

"For a year," I add.

"A lot can happen in a year," he tells me. "Well there's a conversation we need to have right now."

"About what?"

"Well as the owner of the La Fe, it is expected for me to have someone who'll take over the business when I'm gone."

"Someone? You mean you're expected to have a son?" Oh shit, just what I feared.

"Don't worry, Isabella, I'm just letting you know. I'm not asking you to have my child."

I nod. Oh, thank God.

"But just because it's a contract doesn't mean you're not going to have certain rights to do. This is going to be like any other marriage, the only difference is we'll be married a year." 

"So I'm expected to sleep with you." Holy shit.

"Technically. It'll be better to let you know before than after, don't you think?"

Well, at least he told me before we got married and not after. He just gained half a point for that. I think I can do it, I'll get through it.

"Yeah, you're right," I sigh.