Chapter 55

Bella P.O.V

Marcus left after he told me everything, I needed time alone. I really needed it. My mom, my own mother tried to kill me and Matthew and Edward's entire family just because she didn't want to be poor. She was never sick, she caused our debt, she planned this whole thing in order for me to marry a rich man and give her money.

I covered my mouth to hold back a sob escape my mouth. My heart was broken, entirely broken. Renee tried to kill me.

"Love?" Edward answered at the second tone.

"Please, come home," I cried, "please, I need you here."

"Love, what happened?" He asked, worried, obviously.

"She and Steven," I cried, "my mother and Steven planned the whole thing. Jacob's muder, me getting hired here so you would fall for me and my would become rich... she planned everything and then she tried to kill me and Matthew."

"Bella, are you sure you know what you're talking about?" He asked.

"Marcus confessed everything. He told me everything, Steven gave him the letter, paid him to contaminate the meat with the virus. Everything, Edward, everything. They want us dead, they want to keep Beth because she's in your will and me because he's in love with me."

"Fuck!"

"Edward, please come home."

"I will," he promised, "I just need to do something first. I promise you that no one is going to hurt you or Matthew or our daughter, I promise."

"I love you, Edward," I cried, looking over at Beth who was asleep. "I love you so much."

"I love you, more," he said, "you and our kids are my life now. I'll see you soon."

Edward P.O.V

I hanged up, feeling the rage consume me all inside. Steven... I trusted him and he tried to kill my son, tried to take my wife. Hell no, I'm going to kill him.

"Edward, what's wrong?" Tanya asked, looking at me confused.

"Steven contaminated the meat, and he tried to kill my family," I growled, throwing everything off the desk. "Fuck!"

I trusted him, I trusted him and this was the way he paid me. No, he will be in jail for a really long time as well as Renee will for everything they've done to my family. No one will ever hurt my wife again, or else I'll kill them with my bare hands.

Tanya put her papers down and walked up to me, "Are you sure?" She asked.

"Everything makes sense now, Tanya, he hates me and loves Bella. He wants her and her mother tried to kill her, too."

"Wait," Tanya paused me, "you're saying Renee tried to kill her own daughter?" She asked, shocked.

I nodded.

"I'll call the police, we have to go to Steven's office and then go for Renee before they hurt anyone else," she said, picking up the phone.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, why all of the sudden she's trying to help and not to seduce me? I've been asking myself this question since I walked here and she didn't try to make a move on me.

"Edward, I know I lost you," she said, dialing 911. "Two months ago I had a talk with my dad and I finally realized it was my fault I lost you, not Bella's. She's my sister. I already lost my mother, but not my sister."

I frowned as she explained the whole situation to the lady on the phone. Minutes later police arrived to the office and asked us to lead them to Steven's office.

The process was fast, they dragged him out of his office with him yelling that we had no evidence of him being guilty of anything. But soon the investigation will start amd with Marcus we have a lead.

"Edward, you son-of-a-bitch, I hate you! Bella is mine! Mine! I hope you raw in hell you bastard, you destroyed my family!" He yelled.

"He'll be in jail for quite a while," I muttered to Tanya.

She nodded. "Now, let's go see Bella. I think I owe someone an apology."

I nodded.

Renee P.O.V

Today was the day. I couldn't tell Steven because I knew he would say no, but Edward already put Beth and Bella in his will, so that means everything will be theirs if everyone else is gone. But, I'll make sure Bella is gone, too, I can't deal with her crying over her dead husband, might as well kill her also.

I know, I know, what kind of mother would try to kill her own daughter but she's never been through the struggle of having to work hard to find something to eat, but I have. I've been through hunger, cold nights on the streets, but that's never going to happen again. Bella, she has everything I wanted when I was her age, but not anymore, not anymore.

I walked down the hall to her room where she was in a deep sleep. There was movement in the little crib, Beth was awake. Quietly, I walked to the crib and saw the baby wide awake, looking at me.

"You'll be a great use for me, Beth," I said, looking at her. I look over at Bella that still is sleeping. "Your mother always made bad choices that ruined all my plans, but you won't be like that. I won't do the same mistake with you."

I took the baby in my arms. With one last look at Bella, I stroked her hair and said, "Good night, sweetheart. Remember, all I've ever done is for your sake and mine," I smiled, kissing her hair. "Momma loves you."

I grab the diaper bag and walk out, closing the door. I take out the alcohol bottle and start pouring it around the hallway and the stairs, once it's empty, I grab the candle next to my daughter's room.

I smiled, looking at the fire. "I'll see you in hell, Bella."

And I drop it, letting the fire expand.

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ - Now, that this story is close to its end, I will publish more stories. But, this time I'm gonna let you guys decided which one. You can go to my profile and on my bio at the bottom there's a Coming Soon section, there are three stories, you can tell me which description you want me to show you guys and decided which story you would like to read ;)

March 12, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324