Chapter 34

Edward P.O.V

Emmett told me that Bella went out with Matthew, he was calm which seems like she didn't tell him what happened.

How the fuck did Jacob's wallet get in my cabinet?! The way Bella reacted... She still loves him.

"Edward?" Esme comes in my room. "Are you okay?"

I look at her.

"I try, Esme," I say. "I'm trying so hard but it seems like she can't forget him."

"What happened?" She asks sitting by me.

"She found his wallet in my cabinet today," I say. "I don't have any idea on how did it get there or who put it there. But, she thinks I..."

"Edward," she hugs me, "I'm sure she'll understand. Your heart belongs to her..."

"I know, Esme," I hold back a sob. "But her heart belongs to someone else."

I hug her tight.

"Edward," she says. "I have to tell you something."

"What?" I look at her.

"Have you been noticing that she's been acting weird lately?"

I frown. What does she mean?

Bella P.O.V

I'm about to fall down if it wasn't that Jacob catches me first. I look at him in the eyes, he's black eyes are the same as it always been. I wrap my hands around his neck and press my lips to his. He kisses me back.

I expected to feel the same spark I used to feel before, every time I kissed him, but I felt... weird. I ignored that feeling.

"How are you alive?" I sob, taking his face between my hands and kiss him one more time. "I saw them burry you-"

"I know, I know," he says pulling my hair back and cupping my face between his hands. "I have no idea on how this happened, but now I'm here and I'm not letting you go."

Oh, no. Edward, he's going to snap.

"Does Billy and your mother know?"

"Yes."

Why didn't he tell me?! Well, now is too late. I hug him tightly until I see the car park here.

I immediately pull away.

"What-?"

"Bella!" Matthew hugs me. "Who is he?"

"Um..."

"I'm Jacob," he says. "And you?"

"I'm Matthew," he shakes his hand. "Didn't you tell me he was dead?"

"I thought he was," I say.

"But I'm here for her now," Jacob adds looking at me the same way he always did.

Oh no.

"But, that means you have to divorce Edward, right?" Matthew asks me.

Holy fuck.

"What? Divorce..." Jacob yanks my left hand and sees my two rings. "You're married?!"

"Jacob, I-"

"I can't believe you! I thought you loved me!"

"And I did! Jacob, we were in debt, Emmett was almost sent to jail, my mother is very sick!"

"Don't tell me you believe that lying bitch! She manipulates you, Bella!"

"Jacob!"

"So now you're telling me you married someone just to fix your financial problems!"