Chapter 25

Bella P.O.V

The reception was beautiful. Tables were covered by this white sheet and roses decorations in the middle. The dance floor expanded in a circle and the tables around it. Wedding decorations all around the place. People sat waiting for the food to be served.

"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Mr. And Mrs. Mason Cullen!"

Everyone started to cheer as me and Edward walk in. His hand around my waist pulling me closer to him and the other one holding my hand.

What a lie!

We walk to the middle of the dance floor waiting for the song to begin. This was our first dance as husband and wife.

A Thousand Years Part 2 started playing and Edward started to move slowly around the dance floor guiding me.

His eyes never left mine in any second while we danced together.

After a while dancing it was Emmett's turn, Edward danced with my mom. When I looked at them I see them talking. Not like friendly talk but I don't know, there was tension.

"Do you seriously love him?" Emmett asks me.

"No, no of course not. Why-?"

"In the living room you didn't deny it to that blond chick. You had the opportunity to leave and you didn't, you had the chance to say, 'no I don't' and you didn't. And even worse: you kissed him in front of Billy, Jacob's dad!" He says, but in a low tone.

"Emmett this is a contract," I say. "Which means I have to act like I'm insanely in love with Edward which I am not."

"Don't you think that you could fall for him? Is a year, Bella, a lot can happen in a year."

"I know," I whisper. "But it's also almost a year since Jacob died in two months, I could at least try to make this marriage work."

"Just trust me that no matter what, I'm always gonna be here for you."

"Thanks, Em."

"Please tell me I'm not the only one-"

"May I dance with the bride?" Carlisle comes up to us.

"Of course," Emmett kisses my cheek and starts dancing with mom while Edward danced with Rose.

"How are you doing, Bella?" Carlisle asks me as we dance. Damn, he moves as good as his son does, now I know where he gets his lessons from. The soft and steady movements of the slow dancing.

"I'm good. How about you, Dr. Cullen?"

"Hey, we're family now, call me Carlisle and I'm good. I'm happy for my son, he finally found his other half."

I wouldn't be so sure.

"You think?" I ask.

"I know. Isabella, believe it or not my son is a good man, he's just marked by hate and betrayal. You know what Tanya did to him and how that marked him. But, since you came here he'd change for good."

"I wouldn't be so sure if that was me, Carlisle."

"It was. Have you even paid any attention on how he looks at you," he turns to see Edward that now with a big smile dances with Esme. "It's like he's watching the most enchanting gem on earth. Like a Quileute."

"A Quil-what?"

"It's a old native tribe down at La Push," he says looking back at me. "Based on their legends, the Quileute turned in to this spiritual wolfs and when they find their mate everything changes, they do whatever ever she wants or be who ever she wants them to be. When they look at them is like... Have you ever watched the sunset or sunrise?"

"Yes," I nod. "It's beautiful."

"I know, just imagine like you're blind and when you're able to see again the first thing you see is the sunset, how would you feel?"

"Wow... Um, I can't explain it but it'll..." I can't find words to describe it like when I saw it with Jacob the first time. I felt so amazed.

"That's how Edward feels and looks at you," he adds.

No, that's not true.

"No, that can't-"

"Deny it all you want Bella, but, deep inside you know that's true." He says then takes my chin and makes me look at him. "He's a good man," he says once again.

I sigh.

~~~~ After The Dance ~~~~

After I danced with everyone at the party I dismissed myself to take a little walk just to get some fresh air.

I walk when I saw Tanya and what I think is her dad hugging her.

"She's a liar! Saying that she loves him and he's a liar, too, because I know he loves me!"

"Sh, sweety, I'm here for you always, princess. I'm your dad and I love you," he says.

She may be crazily in love with Edward but she sure is lucky to have a dad. Mine died a year after I was born, Emmett doesn't remember him. We grew up without him.

"Tanya?" I call her.

She turns and looks at me.

"What the hell do you want?! Came here to brag that now you're Mrs. Cullen, the owner of all this and Edward's money!" She cries.

"No, Tanya, when Edward asked me to marry him I had no idea he was also engage to you. I swear my intention was never to hurt you, I barley even know you."

"Well you hurted her," the man next to her says. "You've done enough."

"Please, Tanya-" 

"Shut up! I don't want to hear you. You may not know me, but, I promise you that I'll make sure to damn the day you were born."

November 30, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324