Chapter 54

Bella P.O.V

Days passed and Edward has never been even more protective over me. Because the birth was very difficult and I lost a large amount of blood, I needed to stay in bed and rest for the next following six weeks.

After Edward found out that Matthew is his biological son, we sat down on the bed in our room with him and explained to him what happened to his mother.

After knowing his mother died of cancer, he broke into tears.

"No, sweetie, don't cry," I told him, giving Beth to Edward, and hugged him. He sat on my lap, hugging me by the waist and crying on my chest. "Think that your mom is right now in heaven, she's always been taking care of you from up there."

"So... she-she never abounded me?" He sobbed against my chest.

"No, baby, she never did. She had to leave because she didn't want you to see her die, you were just a little boy," I explained.

"But," he pulled away, wiping his tears, "what happened to my dad? Did he leave?"

"He didn't," Edward finally said, kissing Beth's forehead while she slept in his arms. "Your dad never left you."

"But, why isn't he here?" Matthew cried.

"Listen, okay? You need to listen to me very carefully," Edward said, placing Beth on the bed, next to us. "I met your mother eight years ago. We went out for a couple of months then, we broke up. Three years later, when Tanya broke up the engagement with me, you appeared at the gate where Steven found you."

Matthew nodded. "Esme said you took me in and left me living under her care of the others."

"I did," Edward nodded, "I didn't where you came from and Esme convinced me not to turn you in a Foster Home, so you lived here."

"I know," Matthew said, "but what does it have to do with my dad?"

"Your mother left me a letter. I haven't had a chance to read this letter until a few days ago," he said. He slowly stroked Matthew's bronze hair. "There it says that I'm your dad."

Matthew eyes popped out of their orbits. "What?"

Edward nodded. "Yeah, I'm your dad, Matthew," he choked out, "and I'm ready sorry for never giving you your place from the beginning."

After that day, Matthew and Edward spent as much time together as they could. It made me happy watching both of them together, there would be times where they sat in the room next to me, playing a board game while me and Beth watched. Edward was in love with Beth, she was his little princess, his angel, his girl. When Matthew slept he would hold her and stare at her all the time until he fell asleep with her in his arms.

Today, two weeks after I gave birth, Edward is going back to Seattle for a business meeting for two days, which I'm take advantage of that to talk to Marcus. Ever since the letter and everything else happened, I couldn't sleep at night, thinking and thinking about who else would be capable of hurting us in such way.

"Bella?" Esme walked in my room. "Marcus is here."

"Let him in and tell Ivan to come, too. Just in case," I said, placing Beth on her crib.

She nodded, walking out. I take a deep breath, looking at Beth who is in a deep sleep. I smiled, stroking her bronze hair and soft cheeks.

"I love you, baby girl."

"Mrs. Cullen?"

I turn around and see Marcus with Ivan standing in the door way. I point to the chair in front of the bed, indicating Marcus to sit down. I tell Ivan to wait outside and sit in front of Marcus.