Chapter 13

Bella P.O.V

Someone knocks on my door next morning. I can't even think who could it be, I have no thoughts for anything. I barely got any sleep last night. I wrap my small robe around my waist and open the door.

"Mr. Cullen!" I almost yell surprised. "What are you doing here?"

He walks in and looks around. I didn't do nothing but watch him shocked, why is he here? He looks around the living room, like he's examining a weird creature or something unusual. He's in jeans and loose shirt, really causal. In the ranch he used to dress a little more professional.

"I heard your brother is being sent to jail," he says finally looking at me, "I came to offer you my help."

The sentence surprised me, he wants to help me? How? I can't let him do that, that would be like owing him way to much. I can't owe him nothing.

"That's really nice of you but... I quieted."

He smiles and looks like he just heard a good joke. Me on the other side, I don't see the funny in what I just said. I cross my arms looking at him confused.

"No you didn't, you left but I want you to come back. I'll help your brother get the trail and be proven innocent, help you with your debts and your mothers medical care."

He's willing to do that just for me to work for him again?! Wow. I've never heard someone would do that to get they're employees back, just get new ones. Why is he doing this? Should I accept his offer?

"Um... I..."

"Isabella... Oh, who is this-" mom smiles when she sees Mr. Cullen.

"Edward Cullen," they shake hands.

"Oh, Mr. Cullen," my mom sobs, "I'm so happy you didn't fire my little girl. My son, Emmett, his a good man and he would never do such thing like stealing a truck. And our debt, oh God we're so in need."

"Mom!" I snap.

"What?! Is the truth. We need help."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Cullen, my mother is so inappropriate."

"I came here to offer you my help," he smiles, "so do you accept it?"

I need the help, Emmett can't stay in jail. What about Rosalie and their baby? Mom? He hasn't apologized yet, I can't go yet. Doing that would be like forgetting my values and who am I.

"Yes, I'll go back but you still haven't apologized." I point out.

"Isabella, I'm helping your brother is all I can do."

"No, I think pronouncing those two words won't hurt you much, Mr. Cullen. Sorry, but for me an apology is worth more than anything. And if you can't do it I won't go back to La Fe."

"Isabella!" Mom snaps.

He looks at me for half a second. For a moment I think he's going to take his words back, tell me to go to hell and that I'm a bitch and leave. He doesn't.

"Fine," he growls. "I'm sorry for making you upset and for the whip thing."

There you go, was that so hard? I have to admit, he did surprised me.

"Thank you." I say. "Well, um, I also apologize for what I said, it wasn't appropriate from my part. When shall we go back? I guess that as your nurse, you still have to rest."

Mom smiles and heads to the kitchen. Edward waits until she leaves. I frown, why not just tell me when she's here? Is there something wrong with my mom? Well, I do notice not a lot of people don't particularly like her, but never actually has said it to her face. Does Edward have a problem with her?