Chapter 2

Bella P.O.V

Rosalie and Alice drive me to the office where an hour ago I agreed to see Mr. McCartney. I walk up to the blond guy behind the register.

"Hello, may I help you?" He asks me. His name tag said Mike Newton.

"Um, I'm Isabella Swan. I'm here to see Mr. McCartney."

"Sure, this way," he leads me. I look at Rosalie and Alice who smile at me. I breath. We walk inside the office.

A chocolate skin, colored eyes, fit handsome man walks up to me.

"Mr. McCartney, this is Ms. Isabella Swan." Mike says.

"Thank you, Mike, you may leave," Mike leaves. "Please sit," he leads me to the couch next to us.

I nod and sit down.

"So are you the one who needs the service?" I ask.

"No," he shakes his head as he sits down next to me, "is for my boss. He told me to put the sign up."

I nod again.

"So who would I be working for?" I ask.

"Mr. Edward Cullen." He says. "The most wealthy man in the United States. He now lives in a ranch at the limits of Forks. His last maid had to quit because she got pregnant with the gardeners child."

"Forks?" That's far away from here. "How am I going to get to work each day?" I ask.

"Well, you're going to have to do like the rest, live there."

Live there?

"Don't they have families?" I ask.

"Some of the workers have worked for Mr. Cullen for years now. The main maid, Esme, is Mr. Cullen and his brother's Jasper Nanny since they were born and their mother died."

I nod again. "So I would have to leave."

"I'm afraid so, but, is worth it, is a really good pay Ms. Swan. Can I ask you something?"

I nod.

"Why are you looking for a job? You look so young."

"Um, well I graduated, studied for English Literature, but none of the companies would hire me so this is what I found. Um, right now my mother and I are in debt with paying for what college gave me, rent, bills, her medicine. I really need a job."

"I get it," he nods. "Well you start in two days. I'll send your uniform at the address you gave me and I'll see you in two days to drive you and introduce you to Mr. Cullen."

I nod and we both get up.

"One more thing," he adds, "when you work for Mr. Edward, don't get in his way. Edward is a really serious, angry, intimidating man."

"Why?" I ask a little nervous.

"His fiancé broke the engagement and married someone else four years ago. That took a big part of him. Just telling you Ms. Swan that he is a really powerful man and whatever he wants, he gets it so you may just watch where you go."

I breath and nod.

"You look like her," he looks at me directly. "Only difference she's blond and you are not."

I sigh.

"See you in two days." And I walk out.

"So did you get the job?" Rosalie asks.

"Yeah." I sigh.

~~~~ Late That Day ~~~~

"Forks? A maid? Isabella you really want to kill your mother!" She cries as we eat.