Chapter 12

Edward P.O.V

I hang up on my call with Tanya. She keeps calling about wedding plans. I told her to do it all herself because it's her special day. And just to shut her up I gave her a check to buy whatever she needed.

I sit on my desk checking my papers for the new contract with the Denali selling company. Steven comes in my office, interrupting me. Alone.

"Where's Isabella?" I growl. "I told you not to come if Isabella wasn't with you."

"Isabella said the only way she'll come back is that one: you leave the whip and treat everyone equally. And two: apologize to her for your argument and almost hitting her. She will apologize."

She's asking for the only things I would never, ever do in my life. She's the first one, in years that has challenged me.

"God," I sigh, "Isabella is incredible."

She's incredible, beautiful, strong, independent...

"I'm heading to Seattle," I get up and go to the kitchen. Steven follows me.

"Esme," I go to her. I see Matthew sitting looking at his plate. "I need you to pack me a bag and get Moises, my body gard to pack too. I'm going to Seattle for couple of weeks."

She nods. "Of course, son."

"And... I'm sorry for last morning."

Her eyes start to water. "It's okay."

"Don't cry and do what I asked you to."

She nods.

Snif.

I turn around and see Steven patting Matthew's back and him sobbing.

"Hey!" I say. "What's wrong?" I try to sound nice but I can't.

"I miss Bella," he sobs.

"Oh, sweety." Esme goes up and hugs him. "I'm sure she misses you too."

"She promised to come back." He sobs on her shoulder. Steven raises his eyebrows and looks at me. I know what this means. It means she talked to him right before leaving.

"Get my bags ready." I order. "Steven, I want you to go back to Seattle and get hold of Isabella." He nods.

Bella P.O.V

Rosalie came this morning when Emmett left for work. She's really excited about the baby. We kept talking about baby names, etc.

Ding, Dong

I open the door to an officer.

"May I help you?" I ask.

"Is Rosalie Swan here?" He asks. "And Isabella Swan?"

"I'm Isabella and," Rosalie comes to me, "she's Rosalie."

"Mrs. Rosalie are you married to Emmett Swan?"

"Yes." She nods.

"And are you his sister?" He asks me.

"Yes, Sir."

He writes down on his little notebook.

"Is Emmett okay?" Rosalie asks.

"He's fine," he looks at us, "but he's being transferred to jail."

"WHAT?!" we both yell.

"Emmett took a truck from his work without asking the owner. That counts as robbery, and crashed it killing one person this morning. He won't have a trial because we got all evidence."

"No, that can't be true," I cry, "there has to be a mistake."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but no. He's being transferred tonight so you have time to go see him."

I run to get my car keys and Rosalie gets her purse. We follow the police man to the station where they're holding Emmett.

"Emmett!" Rosalie cries when we see him behind the bars.

"Rose! Bella! I swear I never took that truck, they told me drive it and I lost control... I never meant for a man to die!"

"We know your innocent." I say touching his cheek throw the bars. "We'll do whatever to get you out of here."

"Please, don't let me go to jail." He pleads.

"We'll do whatever we can, baby," Rosalie says. "Please, calm down, okay?"

He nods.

~~~~~ That Night ~~~~~

"What?! How can my son be a criminal?!" Mom cries. "No, he didn't do it! Bella," she grabs me by the arms and shakes me, "you have to get your brother out of there!"

"I will do whatever I can to get him out, mom, please calm down."

Ding, Dong

"Who is it now?" I open the door. "Steven."

"Isabella, are you okay?"

"No," I cry, "my brother is being sent to jail for something he didn't do."

"What happened?"

I let him walk in and explain everything to him.

"You have my help, Isabella. Give me a minute. I need to make a call." He stands and goes to the next room.

I sigh.

Edward P.O.V

I was having dinner with Tanya's family. Charlie and Sue Denali. I have to keep it up until the actual date. We - well I just listened - they kept talking about wedding dates and so on.

"Well, I was thinking maybe at the end of the month." Tanya looks at me. "Mom wants to plan everything while I shop for dresses with my friends."

"Sure, I don't know much about it." I take her hand.

"I was thinking about having the wedding here in Seattle or the beach."

"No," I say, "the wedding will be held in La Fe. I grew up there and I would marry there."

"Okay," she sighs.

My phone started to ring.

"Excuse me," I get up and walk to the living room. "You better have a good reason to call me, Steven." I answer.

"Well right now Isabella's brother is being sent to jail. I think you know what I mean when I tell you this."

Hm, interesting.

November 2, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324