Chapter 23

Bella P.O.V

"Thank you," I say towards his complement.

He didn't take his eyes off of me for a long time until I broke the silence. "Um, mom and the girls are getting ready. I was wondering if you could help me put the necklace on."

"Of course." He comes close to me and takes the necklace. I turn around so he could help me.

He places the necklace around my neck and locks it together. His soft hands run through my bare shoulders making me shiver.

I clear my throat. "Thank you."

"No problem." He smiled a little at me. "I want to-"

"Mrs. Denali you can't be here!" I hear Consuelo call.

Why is she still here?!

"I'm seeing Edward!" She yelled coming in the living room. "Edward!"

"What are you doing here?!" He snaps.

"Edward, please don't marry her!" She said. "I know I made a mistake and that I deserve to be punished but I learned my lesson. Please, don't marry her."

"Tanya, I have no interest in you anymore. I'm in love with Isabella," he says.

Wait what?! He has to be lying... Son-of-a-bitch! When does the lying stop in this place?!

"You can't, Edward, you love me," Tanya cries, "don't ruin your life with her. She's just marrying you because-"

"Because she loves me!" Edward takes my hand and draws my body towards him.

Did he just say that?!

At that time Emmett, Rose, and Alice come in the living room all dressed up. Edward takes my hand and kisses it.

"You do right, Isabella?" He says with his lips against my hand. He takes it, presses it against his cheek and looks at me in the eyes. "You love me, right?"

How can I...? He looks straight into my eyes, with my hand pressed against his cheek. I can't say the words, I don't want to say them.

"No... You can't marry this bitch!" She yelled.

"She's my fiancé and I love her so I'm not going to tolerate that you talk to her like that!" Edward snaps. "Now leave my house and my ranch because today," He tightness his grips around my waist and kisses my cheek, "I'm getting married."

Tanya's eyes filled with tears and she walks away.

I sigh. She's hurt because of Edward and probably because of me. When she's gone I step away from Edward.

"I can't believe you lied to her," I cross my arms.

"I gave you the place you deserve here, Isabella. I wasn't going to let her talk about you like that in our home."

"By lying," I add.

"Not everything I said was a lie." He replied.

"It was at the part where you said you loved me," I say.

"It wasn't. Was yours?" He asks.

I sigh about to make a comment when mom, Carlisle, Esme and Jasper come in.

"The judge is here," Esme says.

"Let's go son," Carlisle says.

Edward nods looking at me with a look that says "we have to talk." Mom and everyone else join them. Alice and Rose hug me tightly before going with them. Emmett and me are left behind.