Chapter 31

Bella P.O.V

I sat on a chair looking how the guys play around in the water. Alice and Esme are talking standing near the water but with a fair distance between the men that because of playing football in the water could easily tackle them. Matthew, Edward, Emmett, Jasper and Carlisle throw the ball around. Splashing water everywhere.

"They look like little kids," Rose murmurs next to me, rubbing her belly.

"Yeah," I chuckle.

We watch them also from a fair distance. Edward is with out his shirt just like the others - except Carlisle -. His hair moves freely, which looks kind of sexy.

"Bella," Rose says, "tell me the truth, please." I look at her, her expression is serious. "Are you in love with Edward?"

I take a deep breath looking back at the lake. I don't know if I'm in love with Edward, I don't know if I want to be.

"I dunno."

"I've seen the way he looks at you, the way you look at him. Every time you move he moves, every time he moves you move. Like magnets."

I look over at Edward who carries Matthew on his shoulders, helping him to catch the ball. I smile a little.

Am I falling for Edward? Is it even possible?

I don't know anymore.

~~~~~ After The Lake ~~~~~

Edward walks in his office to answer a phone call he got, while me, Esme, Rose and Alice help dinner get started.

"I had a lot of fun," Matthew says and hugs me from behind. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, buddy, go ahead and wash your hands. Get your notebook out to study multiplication."

"Yeah!" He runs out.

Edward comes in the kitchen with a weird expression on his face.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"My buyer Charlie Denali had a heart attack," he says. "They don't know how long he'll live."

"Denali? As in Tanya's dad?" Esme asked.

"Yeah, and if he dies that means that she will take over the company and be my business partner."

I look at the lettuce I'm cutting. The idea that Edward would have to talk, see Tanya Denali is not much of my liking. Why would he have to see her? Why-?

Wait! Are you jealous, Bella?

No! Just a little concerned for Edward's health.

Yeah right.

Shut up.

"Denali?" Mom comes in with a weird expression. "You mean he could die."

"Yes," Edward says, "why?"

"Oh, nothing," she says grabbing her purse. "I'll go to Seattle to see a friend, Darling."

"Now?" I ask.

"Um, yeah. I'll drive, bye!" She runs out. I frown looking at Edward.

Matthew comes in with his notebook and pencil ready. "I'm ready, Bella."

"Before you start," Edward says, "I want to talk to you."

"What?"

"So, I was talking to Bella and we were thinking we can hire a privet investigator and find your parents."

I walk towards Edward and put my hand on his shoulder. He gives me one of my favorite crook smiles.

"Really?" Matthew asks excited.

"Yeah, but it might not work and if that happens-"

"What?"

"Bella and I are going to adopt you," he finishes.

"Yay!" He hugs Edward and me. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"Alright," i say. "Get those multiplications out."

"I'll help him," Edward says sitting on the small table with Matthew.

I look over and see how Esme, Alice and Rosalie are staring at me like something is really obvious.

I ignore them and help them finish cooking.

~~~~~ At Seattle ~~~~~

Renee P.O.V

I walk along the hallways of the hospital, looking for room 228, where Charlie is in. If my plan with Bella and Edward doesn't work because my daughter is stupid enough that she'll let such great opportunity go, then I have to tell Charlie the truth.

When I finally find his room, I slowly open the door. The room is wide, well clean and organized, with that horrible green hospital's use in their rooms. There in the center, Charlie lays on the bed watching TV.

"Charles," I say walking to him.

"What...?" He turns around and looks at me. "Renee? Is that you?"

He looks older, ugly, fragile... Where was the handsome, rich man I fell in love with?

"Hello, Charles," I say. "How are you feeling?"

"Not so well," he says.

"Just as I feared," I come closer. "I can't let you die without knowing something."

He frowns. "What?"

"Remember the wonderful time we spent together 21 years ago? At the beach in Acapulco."

"How can I forget? You are the only women I actually loved." He smiled.

I roll my eyes.

"Well, after you left because you had to go back to your wife and daughter I had to be forced by my parents to quite my job with you."

"That's when you never came back... Why, Renee? Why did you leave?"

"Because out of our wonderful relationship, I ended up pregnant. So I was forced to leave because you are married. Nine months later I have birth to a beautiful girl. Brown curly hair, chocolate eyes... She looks just exactly like you."

"I... I have another daughter?" Tears filled his eyes. "Why now? Where is she?"

"Because just now I found out where you are. That girl, your daughter is the same women your daughter Tanya hates."

"What...? No..." he shakes his head.

"Yes, Charles. Your daughter is Isabella Marie Cullen-Swan, the wife of Edward Cullen. The same one Tanya and you detest."

Author's Note:

Next update will be in 6 hours.

2/3

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324