Chapter 39

Edward P.O.V

It has been a really long time since I rode a horse. I ride it so fast it makes me feel free, like my mother used to describe me before she died. I ride behind the cows who are not contaminated with the virus, I hit some with my whip so they run faster.

Today is a cloudy day. The air is cold and seems like it's going to rain at some point. I hate this kind of days, to be honest.

Once I finish, I ride the horse back to the barn where I see Billy. He's Jacob's father, he could've told Bella he was alive and she would've never married me. I'm sure because I know she still loves him.

"Billy," I say as I walk pass him.

"Mr. Cullen," he stops me, "may I have a word with you, Sir?"

I cross my arms and coldly say, "Speak."

He sighed, "I know that you and Bella-"

"Mrs. Cullen," I correct him.

He nods. "Mrs. Cullen. I know that you're aware that my boy, Jacob, is alive."

"Billy, I would really want to know how the hell did your son come back from the dead? Especially, why now?"

"Jacob was severely injured, he was in a coma. When I looked for his mother she told me and asked me not to Mrs. Cullen just so she wouldn't get hurt."

I stare down at him. That son-of-a-bitch is alive and I can't let him get anywhere close to my wife. She's mine.

"If your son finds my wife you'll be the first one to go. Tell him not to look for her anymore, she has a life now. A family."

"Family?"

"Yes. Isabella is expecting our first child."

"She's pregnant... Jacob-"

"Has to let her go," I hiss and walked away.

The gate opens and I see a dark Armada come in. It has to be Irina and her new fiancé. I roll my eyes and stand in front of the door, waiting for them. Finnic stands next to me, also waiting.

"Where's my wife?" I asked.

"She's resting, Sir."

I nod.

The car stops and the door open. I see her blond her flap around as she runs to me and hugs me. I hug her back and take a good look at her. She's gain some weight, same size, way too much makeup and her lips seem like she used way too much red lipstick.

"Cousin, I missed you," she kissed my cheek. "I present to you my fiancé, Jacob Black."

Wait, what?! I look at him as he approaches us. He's as tall as I am; tan skin; less muscular; dark hair and eyes and doesn't seem to be really pleased to be here. I growl, he can't stay here. Bella will not be the same if he's here.

"Nice to meet you," we shake hands.

I don't say a thing.

"So," Irina sighed, "where's your wife? Really bad first impression, Edward."

"My wife is resting right now, Irina." I take a quick glance at Jacob and say, "She's been a little tired lately because of her pregnancy."

Jacob didn't seem interested when he said, "Congratulations." If he only knew that his ex that's pregnant with my child.

Irina didn't say a thing about her pregnancy. "Can we get settled in? I'm tired."

"Go ahead," I say. "Though, I would like if you don't bother my wife."

"No problem," Irina rolls her eyes.

I look at the gate and sigh. If the ranch wasn't in problems right now I would have taken Bella away from here, but I can't.

Bella P.O.V

I was woken up by my Mom shaking me, telling me to wake up. I groan and look at her. She's crying and looks impatient.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up.

"Jacob is here!" She cries. "I just saw him walking to a room with this blond women."

That must be Irina, but, what is Jacob doing here with Irina? Has Edward seen him or talked to him yet? Oh, God. This is a bomb that is just about to erupt.

I jump off the bed and run outside. Mom follows me, telling me to find Edward first instead of Jacob. I run to the living room where I bump in with Edward.

"Where are you going in such a rush? Aren't you suppose to be asleep?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I... I was looking for you," I lied.

"Really?" He touches my cheek. "Are you looking for me or did your mother tell you about your ex being here?"

My throat gets caught in a naught that makes me unable to speak. I shake my head, shaking I hug him and try to calm myself.

"You," he says, "are going to stay away from him, understood?"

I nod.

"Edward?" A female voice says.

I turn around and find myself with Jacob holding hands with a short, blond, too much makeup women. Irina. I grab Edward tighter and try not to faint. Jacob eyes are filled with rage, his free hand turns into a hard fist. 

"This is my beautiful wife, Isabella Cullen," Edward wraps his hand around my waist. "The women that has made me so happy."

I take a deep breath and say, "Um..."

Fuck, this is a bomb that is about to erupt. Irina looks at me, examines me would be better word like I'm a weird creature. Jacob on the other side seems like he's about to erupt with the rage his expression is showing. God, please help me.

Author's Note:

Here you go guys, sorry for the wait.

January 11, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324