Chapter 30

Bella P.O.V

"Bella!" Alice hugs me the moment she walks in the kitchen. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too," I chuckle and pull away.

"Okay, now we're all here," Rose says sitting on the table. "Tell us about your honeymoon."

I sigh looking at them. Esme looks at me also while she cuts the bread for dinner, Consuelo next to her, Rose and Alice in front of me expecting me to answer. As I expected, mom would never be here.

"It was amazing," I gasp walking around the table and standing against the counter. They just look at me. "The Edward I met is nothing compared to the one I was with in Monte Carlo. He's was sweet, caring, comprehensive... He has really surprised me."

"So...?" Esme asks with a gentle smile. She comes close and takes my hands between hers. "Has my boy Edward won a place in your heart?"

I sigh looking at her in the eyes. Everyone is expecting me answer.

"You know is still hard for me to forget him, Esme," I whisper. "But I have to admit that Edward has won a small place in my heart."

Esme smiles, Rose and Alice make funny faces and Consuelo giggles.

~~~~~ After Dinner ~~~~~

"So, I was thinking-" Edward says right after we all finish dinner. "-We could go to the lake tomorrow. A little family trip."

"That sounds amazing," Jasper says. "It's been a while since we last went to the lake."

"I'm in," Carlisle says. "You guys?"

"Sure," Emmett and Rose say.

"I'll... Stay here," Mom says, "I've been feeling really tired lately."

"Have you been taking your meds?" I ask.

"Yeah, but you know, old age and stuff," she says.

"Okay..." I murmur. "Can Matthew come?"

"Of course," Edward squeezes my hand gently.

"Then is up," Carlisle says, "I'll tell Esme to prepare a meal."

"She's coming, too, Carlisle," Edward says.

He smiles.

~~~~~ At Night ~~~~~

I wrap my robe around me and get out of the bathroom. Edward is wearing his seats without his shirt. I help him fix the bed and place the unnecessary pillows on the floor.

"That was nice of you," I smile taking my robe off, leaving the satin black nightgown exposed.

"What?" He smiled eyeing me.

I blush and lay on the bed covering my legs. "One: hugging Matthew and two: letting Matthew come with us to the lake."

He chuckles laying down beside me.

"I was thinking about him a few minuets ago. You know he was left by the gate... the same day Tanya broke the engagement."

"Wait... The same day Matthew came to this house, was the same day Tanya broke the engagement?" I ask shocked.

"Yes," he said. "He was three when they left him."

"But, he said it was when he was a baby?"

"He thinks that but is not true," Edward adds. "But, I was thinking we could probably hire a privet investigator and try to find his parents."