Chapter 18

Bella P.O.V

"I wish I could go with you," Emmett says. He hasn't left the hospital yet. Makes everything even more worse for me, now. 

"I wish that, too," I hug him, "but Rose, Alice and Mom are going to he there."

"I just hope you're happy for this year," He says.

"Me too."

"Bella!" Mom comes inside. "C'mon, don't let your fiance waiting."

"Bye, Bells." He kisses my cheek.

"Bye, Em." I kiss his cheek.

Mom and I walk to Edward who waits for us. When I get to him, he takes my hands between his and kisses both.

"Ready, Love?" he asked. I was about to protest telling him not to call me love but I won't waist my breath on it.

I nod.

"Let's go," he smiles.

We head off to his truck and start the road towards La Fe ranch. I lay my head on the window taking a deep breath. Well this is the start of my new life as future temporary Mrs. Cullen.

~~~~~ At La Fe Ranch ~~~~~

"Oh my God, this is a palace!" Mom gasps when we get out of the car.

"This is where you're going to live for a year?" Alice asked.

"I guess so," I sigh.

I see the employees gathered in front of the house doors. Everyone is there, also Carlisle and Jasper. We walk toward them and i stop when Edward gets in front of everyone.

"As you know," he says, "by the end of this month, which is in two days, I'm going to be married with a wonderful women," he smiles. "I know you want to meet her so here she is. Welcome to my fiancé, soon-to-be Mrs. Cullen. Isabella Swan."

Everyone gaps. Edward reaches out for my hand and I take it. He draw my body towards him and kisses my hand.

I fake a smile.

"Congratulations!" Everyone claps and cheers.

I look over the crowd and Billy's eyes catch mine. He looks mad. He shakes his head and walks away. I sigh.

"Now, get to work," he smiles, "we have a big day ahead of us." Everyone heads off to their jobs.

Esme comes up to me.

"I never thought you two had it," she smiles. "I wish you the best in your marriage."

"Edward..." Carlisle says. "I have to say I'm shocked." He gives him a weird we need to talk look. "But, I'm happy that you're going to be part of my family." He hugs me.

"Hey, Bells, welcome to our short family." Jasper hugs me.

"Thanks. Um, this is my mother, Renee Swan, my sister-in-law Rosalie and my best friend Alice." I introduce them.

"Well, hello," Jasper grins at Alice. I look at Edward and we smile at each other. We both know how Jasper acts when he sees someone he likes. "Welcome to La Fe," he kisses her hand.

"I have to say this is a palace," she looks around.

"And you could be the princess." He winks an eye to her.

"Welcome," Carlisle says, "I think now that we're going to be family we should get to know each other."

"Of course," Esme says, "I'll get dinner served." She heads of to the kitchen.

"Ha, who does she think she is?" Mom laughs. "Just service."

"Mom!" I snap. "Stop."

"What? Is the truth."

I growl.

"Shall we?" Edward leads us inside.

I walk next to my mom as Edward talks to Jasper and Carlisle.

"How dare you talk about Esme like that? She's like Edward's second mom," I growl.

"Yes, Renee, that was way out of hand," Rosalie says.

"What? I didn't say nothing that wasn't true," She says. "Bella, now that you're going to be the owner of all this you should show the employees to respect you as Mrs. Cullen."

"These people are my friends and I'm not going to be the owner of anything here and neither are you, Mom, so stop acting like a greedy bitch." I walk away.

"Excuse me, I'm your mother and I want to help you." She follows me.

I stop.

"I don't need your help, Mom, stop it!" I snap.

"Isabella?" Edward comes towards us. "Is there a problem?"

"No. Not at I all," I say with a sigh. "Shall we go eat?"

"Sure." He takes my hand and we head to the dinning room. For the first time, in six months I sit next to Edward who sits at the head of the table.

We all take our places and Esme and Consuelo come with the food. Consuelo seemed to have trouble so I get up.

"Where are you going?" Edward asks me.

"I'm not sitting here seeing how Consuelo is struggling," I say. I go in the kitchen to help Consuelo.

"I got it, Ms. Swan," she says.

I frown.

"Since when I'm Ms. Swan?"

"Well your soon going to be Mrs. Cullen, I think you're going to be my boss soon."

"Consuelo, just because I'm marrying Edward doesn't mean I'm not the same Bella. Please don't call me Ms. Or Mrs."

"Okay," she smiles.

"Now, let me help you." I take a tray.

We walk and I help them serve the food.

"You really don't have to do that now," Edward says when I sit down next to him.

"I'm not going to be able to live with myself if I don't keep myself busy," I say. "And I like doing it."

"Bella-" mom starts to say.

"Renee," Rosalie warns her.

"What? I just wanted to tell my daughter that soon you'll be upper class than them. You have to treat them as your employees."

"Mom, we just had this talk so I'll be thankful if you didn't mention it again."

Edward squeezes my hand gently. I smile at him, this time for real. I think I could try to be better now that I see Edward's good side.

November 13, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324