Cookout

"Oh my gosh! You did such a good job decorating Mack!" Asia wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.

"You should really think about being an interior designer! This place looks great!" Hannah gushed as her eyes darted around the house approval swimming in her eyes.

"Mack the place looks great! Where can we sit these gifts? They are fucking heavy." Cole huffed shifting his weight back and forth to each foot.

"Over there on the counter with the others! You guys didn't need to get us anything. You've done more than enough just helping us move."

"It's not everyday your best friends buy a house and move in together. We wanted to! You sure you want to live with Reid?" Damien wrapped me in a bone crushing hug once he sat the big gift wrapped box on the counter.

"Oh I'm sure!" Living with Reid and taking the next step after everything we've been through was exactly what I wanted, what we needed.

"I've known the dude since we were five and roomed with him at camp he's not the cleanest roommate." Cole warned before he finally hugged me.

"We were seven you dick and if I remember correctly you're the one whose room is always filthy." Reid pulled me against his chest wrapping his arms around my waist resting his chin on my shoulder. Just the simplest of touches from him had me leaning in for more.

"You have OCD or some shit! Seriously who has a place for everything?" Cole opened his beer before taking a swig taking a seat next to Hannah on the couch resting his hand on her thigh.

"Grown ups you dumbass." Reid shook his head rolling his eyes at his best friend.

"Yo I'm fucking starving! Are we eating anytime soon?" Hudson came barreling through the front door with Sarah hot on his heels.

"Wow! You guys it's so cozy in here! It looks like a replica of Modern Day Homes in here! You did such an amazing job!" Sarah squealed with excitement clutching the bag in her hand.

"Seriously guys I can feel my ribs sticking out of my skin! I'm dying here." Hudson huffed

"Oh calm your tits Hudson I'll start the grill. Duty calls my love I'll be out back." Reid placed a softy kiss on my temple before untangling his arms from around my waist.

"Sorry we are late! Wow baby girl this place looks incredible!" My mom and Robert were the next to arrive. We said hello and I showed them where to put the gifts before giving them the grand tour now that everything was decorated.

"Hello everyone!" Lennox knocked on the front door before opening it and came inside followed by a gorgeous petite Asian girl. Her hair cut in a short black bob. She stood about five foot even and had almond shaped eyes. Her smile was absolutely radiant all in all the girl was freaking beautiful.

"You just be Emma! Please come in. I'm Mackenzie but you can call me Mack!" A blush swept across her cheeks as she nodded.

"I'm a hugger! I hope you don't mind!" She giggled as I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame. Relief filled Lennox's eyes when he saw how at ease Emma was. He likes her, like really likes her, that much is obvious.

"This is Asia and her husband Damian and Hannah and her boyfriend Cole." Lennox wrapped his arm around her shoulder introducing her to everyone. She smiled warmly at everyone who all took turns hugging her. We are an affectionate group of people what can I say.

"This is my dad Robert and Mackenzies mom Amanda."

"Oh that's right you're dating the stepbrother." She voiced out loud and hearing it out loud still sounded kind of weird. I can't imagine what she must think.