I'll Try

***REID'S POV***
—————————

I pulled into the circular driveway at Kenzie's dads house. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to meet her dad. I know he must hate me and I can't say that I blame him. I hurt his daughter, hell I even hate myself for that.

"Are you nervous?" Kenzie reached over and grabbed my hand squeezing it gently. Just her touch alone was enough to soothe any nerves I felt causing them to dissolve almost completely.

"He is going to love you. Maybe not today but he will one day." She shot me a soft smile. She looked drop dead gorgeous in her mustard colored yellow sun dress. The material clinging to her body and was flowy at the same time. Her dark brown hair down and curled into loose waves. Her green eyes fluttered closed as she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

How in the world did I ever leave her? Why would I do something so stupid? Looking at her so many thoughts run through my head. I almost lost her in that car accident. She lost our baby, a baby that was half of her and half of me. I walked away from her like a fucking idiot. She could have met someone else during the time I was gone and the thought of that alone feels like a knife inside of my chest. I can't bare the thought of her loving anyone but me as selfish as that is.

When it comes to her I don't mind being selfish. I want her all to myself. I know I have a lot of ass kissing to do which is why I agreed to meeting her dad in the first place.

"Let's hope so." I turned the car off and climbed out rushing to her side opening her door I waited until she was out of the car before grabbing her chin tilting her face upwards. I planted a light kiss on her lips needing a little taste of her. She gasped at our closeness. I loved that I still had this affect on her.

"If you go in here and play nice with my father I may do that thing you like." She winked seductively at me, she knows using sexual bribery will work on me not that she needs to bribe me, I'd do anything she ask me.

"Babe there isn't a thing that you do that I don't like but I'll take you up on that." I wiggled my eyebrows at her causing her to giggle.

She interlaced our fingers together leading us up towards the front door. The nerves I felt just seconds ago came back ten fold. She didn't bother knocking she just opened the door and walked in as if she owned the place. After I left she and her father made amends but I didn't know they were this close.

"Hello? We are here!" Kenzie sang closing the door once we were inside the massive house. Everything was perfectly and professionally in place. The house looks like a replica of a Better Homes Magazine cover yet had a warm homey feel to it at the same time.

"In the kitchen!" A female voice called out.

"Mackzie!" A child squealed. Mackenzie let go of my hand scooping the little boy into her arms spinning him around in a circle. His squeals of laughter filled the air. Watching her with the little boy gave me a little preview of what she would be like as a mother, the way she soothed his messy dark red hair and pinched his chubby cheek.

"Hey little man! How is my favorite guy?" She gushed kissing his cheeks.

"I'm good! Momma made spaghetti! It's my favorite! She also made cupcakes because you brought a friend but she said we can't have any until after dinner." The kid was adorable I'll give him that. Though his hair color was different than hers his eyes were the exact same.

"Liam this is my boyfriend Reid. Can you say hi?" She tapped him on the nose as she introduced me to him.

"Reid! Umm did you say boyfriend?" Liam gasped covering his mouth like she had said a bad word or something she wasn't supposed to.