Home

"Babe all of the houses today are beautiful! We are never going to find our home if you keep picking flaws with every single house we look at." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose between my eyebrows. We've been to eight houses alone and none of which are up to Reid's standards. Why are his standards so damn high anyways?

"We are looking for a home. It's not something you just pick without seeing everything available first."

"You are worse than a woman sometimes! You do know that don't you?" I huffed walking back towards his car. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated at this point.

"I have one more house I can show you. It's a new construction but I think you will both love it. Would you like to see it?" Our realtor Kelly shot us a hopeful look. I'm sure she is more than ready for us to just pick a house. Even though this is technically her job I can imagine she is tired of us by now. Reid is no walk in the park, I know that better than anyone. He's even worse shopping for a home.

It's been a month of her showing us house after house and still nothing is good enough for Reid. If I had it my way I would have picked one of the first fifty houses we've looked at.

"We would love that Kelly thank you." I shot her an apologetic smile. She told us to follow her to the last house of today while Reid and I climbed into his car.

"If you find something wrong with this house I will castrate you." I warn him somewhat seriously.

"No you wouldn't you love my dick way too much." He smirked and as much as I hate to admit it, he's right.

"Reid I get it you want our home to be perfect but having the perfect house isn't what makes it a home. It's the people who live there and the love and happiness inside of it that makes it a home."

The drive to the last house wasn't a far one. Before we knew it we were turning into an iron fenced in property. The driveway was paved with a variety of different colored stones. Reid parked the car outside of a one story house. The brick a beautiful reddish brown color with white and tan stones incorporated. Though it was one story it looked a decent size. I myself have always preferred a smaller home, too much room makes a house less cozy.

"This is it. This is the one." I jumped out of the car with a smile on my face.

"You haven't even seen the inside." I could hear the smile on Reid's face as he walked beside me. Kelly stuffed her phone into her pocket shooting a questioning glance at me.

"I don't need to see the inside to know that this is the one because I already know." Call it intuition but my gut is giving me all the feels that this is it, our home.

"Let me show you the inside." I don't miss the relief that swam in Kelly's eyes that Reid hasn't shot this place down so quickly like he did with the others.

"Right this way." Kelly led us up the cobble stoned driveway before entering a code on the keypad hanging on the doorknob. The inside smelled of fresh paint and lumber.

As soon as you walk in the front door there is the living room to your right with a big open view into the kitchen and dining room. To the left is a hallway that has three equally sized bedrooms attached to it and then a bathroom with two sinks and a decent size closet inside.

As we walked into each room I could just picture what our life would look like. The children that would some day fill these rooms. The laughter as they chased one another down the hallway.

"Now I know it's hard to picture your life here with no furniture to give you the full effect but I haven't even shown you the best part yet. A ensuite master bedroom secluded from the other bedrooms." Kelly gushed as she led us through the kitchen where another hallway stood. She opened the door to an enormous room with a walk in closet that would make any woman swoon. I'm talking built in shoe shelves and more clothing rods than I know what to do with. A luxurious chandelier dangling in the center.

The bathroom in the master room had a claw legged tub. The shower on the opposite wall had two shower heads, one on each wall with tiled seats built into it. Who needs that many shower heads in one shower? And the built in seats? Though I couldn't wait to test that shower out one day.

I took my time looking at every inch of the house just picturing what our life would look like here.

"So what do you think?" Kelly asked once we made it hack to the living room. Reid was quiet the entire time until now. I couldn't help but wonder if he liked the house as much as I did.

"I love it!" I waste no time answering Kelly's question.

"You do?" Reid asks curiously from beside me.

"Almost as much as I love you! Baby all I can think about is raising children here. I can just see it now them laughing and screaming as they chase one another down that hallway. The holidays we spend here with our family all around us. Not to mention that closet!" I gushed clapping my hands in admiration not just of the closet but the whole damn house.

"We will take it." Reid informed Kelly who looked like she was about to have a stroke. The shock in her eyes spoke volumes, she didn't think Reid would ever agree on a house and if I am being honest neither did I.

"Really?" Kelly and I beamed at the same time.

"Anything to see you happily smile like you are right now." Reid scooped me into his arms before planting his lips on mine in what would hopefully soon be our home.

"I'll contact the selling company."