With Him I am Home

"Where did you run off to last night?" Hudson asked shoving another donut hole into his already full mouth. After Reid and I ran off to the building we didn't make it back to the reception. After going two more intense rounds we were exhausted and by the time we were finished almost everyone had already left in hopes of getting home before the storm got worse.

I grabbed a coffee mug out of the cabinet and poured myself a cup of hot steaming coffee. Reid and I stayed up all night just laying in each other's arms and talking. Being with him made me realize how much I had missed him, a feeling I forced myself to forget over the last year.

"Nowhere." I shrugged and made my way into the living room taking my usual spot on the couch. Now that it was officially summer break and mom and Robert's wedding is finally over I planned on doing nothing all summer long.

"Good morning!" My mom sang wheeling her suitcase into the living room.

"Good morning newlyweds! All packed up for your honeymoon?" I asked shooting them both a bright smile.

"Yes! Italy is calling our names! Are you sure you are going to be okay?" I don't miss the uncertainty in her eyes as her eyes searched mine before scanning the room landing on Reid.

"Mom I am grown! I can handle taking care of myself. I promise!" I reassure her or at least tried to.

"While everyone is here I want to say a few things before you guys leave. I know this past year has been hard on all of us especially Kenzie and I am entirely to blame for that. I just want to say that I am sorry to each of you individually. Amanda I am sorry that I hurt your daughter. I know there are no words that I can ever say that will ever excuse the way I reacted. I am sorry that I broke her heart and I am sorry that you had to see her shattered because of something I did. Lennox and Hudson I am sorry that I was a complete piece of shit leaving you two to help pick up the broken pieces, leaving you to clean the mess that I made. Dad I am sorry for putting you in the middle of this whole thing causing you to feel like you had to take sides. Like I said I am completely to blame for everything that went wrong a year ago." Reid sat down on the couch leaning his elbows on his knees. His eyes roamed from each person as he spoke to them.

His voice was apologetic and commanded everyone's attention. No one said a word. I am pretty sure his apologies put everyone into a temporary state of shock.

"Leaving wasn't easy. I left my entire heart laying in that hospital bed that day. I was broken myself. I used the past year trying to find myself, to heal the brokenness that I myself created but I knew I would never be completely healed until I made amends with Mackenzie. I know it's hard for you all to understand but I am in love with her. I have been since the day I met her and I always will be. That didn't change because I left. The last time we didn't do things the right way. We hid our relationship from everyone and things got messy. I don't expect you to all jump and be on board but frankly I really don't give a shit if I am being honest as long as Kenzie is willing to give us another chance I will fight for her, fight for us. I want to do things the right way this time." My mom stood in place with tears falling down her cheeks before she closed the distance to where Reid was sitting and took a seat beside him. I watched my mom launch her arms around his neck before Reid wrapped his arms around her rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"I personally think it's great that two are together again! As your brother though I must warn you that if you hurt her again in any way I will beat your ass!" Hudson narrowed his eyes at Reid who just nodded. I know Hudson would never win in a physical fight with Reid but if this particular situation were to arise Reid would let him.

"It takes a real man to admit his mistakes and faults. I am happy for you two. I personally know how happy you two are together. The love you share is that once in a lifetime kind of love. It is worth fighting for." Lennox, the wiser of the two brothers smile warmly looking back and forth between us.

"I just want you both to be happy whether you are together or not. I don't care what anyone thinks. You can't help you fall in love with. Thank you for apologizing Reid, like Lennox said it takes a real man to admit your faults but at least you are making them right. If you are both happy...I am happy." Robert walked across the room and gently pulled my mom off of Reid before rubbing his shoulder.

"I could sit here all day and threaten you, threaten what I would do to you if you hurt my babygirl again but I won't. I saw her shattered into millions of tiny pieces but I also saw the smile on her face when you two were together and we didn't know. She was happier than I ever remember her being. She is getting another chance to be that happy again. I am just so happy!" My mom started crying again causing Robert to shoot us each an apologetic smile. Reid stood from where he was sitting and closed the distance in between us. He crouched down in front of me taking both of my hands in his. His green and gold eyes pouring into mine.

"I told you I was going to make things right. I want to do this the right way. I want to be the man you deserve. I can't promise that it will be easy because you're a pain in the ass and I am an asshole but I promise that I will always put you first. I promise to keep fighting for us as long as you want me. You are it for me Mackenzie. I will spend the rest of my life making up for what I have done-" I interrupted him unable to hear him say even more sappy stuff.

"I love you so fucking much." I launched myself at him unable to hold back any longer. I threw my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist. He stood taller placing his hands under my butt holding me in place. I slammed my lips on his not caring who was watching. All that mattered right here and now was this. Us.

"I love you." Reid pulled away resting his forehead on mine. In his arms everything felt right. I was home in his arms. With him I am home.