Word Vomit

"Please! MacKenzie you have to go! Like literally have to!" Asia begged poking out her voluptuous bottom lip. 

"A party? Really? I am not the party type-"

"Everyone who is anyone is going! You've been MIA for some reason! We haven't seen you outside of school since Damien's last party and you left us there that night! Not that I blame you but still! Please!" Hannah chimes in kicking up the theatrics a few notches.

Garrett Miller's party this weekend was the talk of the school and the last thing I wanted to attend. The last party I went to I got cheated on.

"Why can't we just have a girls night in? I can order pizza and we can do girl shit like paint our nails and do face masks." They both looked at me with horror written on their faces. Hannah actually dropped her fork letting it clink on her lunch tray.

"Hey Mackenzie!" Cole plopped down at out lunch table with Hudson, Damien, and Reid along with a few other guys from the football team.

"Hey Cole!" I waved hello to the guys as they joined us at the table.

"Cole tell MacKenzie she HAS to come to Garrett's this weekend!" Asia smirked knowing damn good and well Cole would be on their side.

"You literally have to! Anyone who is a someone will be there even fucking Reid is going." At Cole's words I glanced at Reid who looked anywhere but me. Does he think I am mad that he is going? Because I'm not but the fact that he is going makes me want to go and the last thing I want is to be the crazy girlfriend.

"That's what I told her." Hannah smirked this time sensing I was going to cave.

"Fine! I'll fucking go but I am not wearing a dress. I am picking my own clothes."

"Fair enough!" Asia and Hannah bubbled into squeals of excitement and I went back to my lunch. I could feel Reid's eyes on me throughout lunch but I ignored his eyes. The lunch bell rang and like a cat with his ass on fire I bolted up from my table bidding goodbye to my friends who were already making plans to go shopping for an outfit.

"So you're ignoring me now?" I hear footsteps coming from behind me.

"No I'm not ignoring you."

"Sure seems like it."

"Nope everything is good." I stopped at my locker to switch out my textbooks. Reid leaned against the locker beside mine waving to some of the guys from the team as they walked by.

"I know that when a chick says everything is fine it is actually not fine."

"You're mad I didn't talk to you about the party?" He continues when I don't say anything. 

"Reid I'm your girlfriend not your mother-" The words flew out of my mouth like word vomit. I saw the hurt in his eyes before he stood a little taller shooting daggers at me.

"Wow." His breathing was coming out sharp, I knew my words had cut him deep because he spun around on his heel leaving me alone in the hallway. I tried calling out his name but his body disappeared in the crowded hallway.

"Sweetheart are you feeling okay?" My mom frowned at dinner. I haven't seen Reid since the incident in the hallway and he's ignored my calls and texts with apologies. How could I have been so stupid? To say something about his mother?

"No." I felt tears welling in my eyes. Why am I on the verge of tears? When it's my own damn fault?

"May I be excused?"

"Of course." Robert answers for my mom who looks at me with nothing but concern.

"My stomach just hurts, period cramps." She nods looking me up and down before I use that as my advantage to bolt out of the kitchen. I take the stairs two at a time until I reach the top. I slipped into my room and crawled under my sheets. I cried until I fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night alone. For the first time since this thing between Reid and I started a month ago, I slept alone.