Miserable

***REID'S POV***

Watching Kenzie and Hudson have a food fight at eight in the morning was comical to say the very least. Damn watching her go from smiling and cheerful to mad and angry had my dick throbbing in my sweatpants. When she lunged at him I wanted to pull her off of him in case he actually did hurt her because then I'd have to kill my own brother. Then he throws her in the pool which took every ounce of my being not to pounce on him for possibly getting her sick. Man I sound like some pussy whipped possessive asshole.

"You're just going to stand there? Man fucking help me!" Hudson whined as he used a rag to wipe up some syrup that had fallen from his hair to the floor.

"Fuck no. You started it, you clean it." I shrugged standing off to the sided careful not to stand anywhere near the sticky residue.

"So you're taking her side?" I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Didn't you throw the first piece of food?" I fire back and he only nods before picking up the abandoned pancakes from the floor before stacking them on the plate sitting on the table.

"And you know Kenzie is a hot head, she proves it to you time and time again and yet you always push her buttons." I laughed though my body filled with pride knowing the girl can hold her own and doesn't take shit from anyone.

"You know I almost miss back when you two didn't get along? The old Reid would have joined forces with me but noooo." He drug out the ooooo making me roll my eyes again.

"You like the banter you two have plus you're an idiot if you think I am going to put myself in her wrath." I almost shudder in my stance. I am not scared of Kenzie by any means but I don't want to be in her line of fire on purpose.

"It's funny to watch her get worked up." He mutters spraying the tiles on the ground with kitchen cleaner.

"You're a dumbass. You do know she declared war right? You are so screwed." I grabbed the dishes from the table and started carrying them to the sink tired of watching him struggle cleaning up the mess he caused. Plus he wants to go to the gym and if I don't help the idiot we will be here all day and I have a date tonight.

"I know. I need to step up my game big time."

"Yeah I have a feeling she isn't going to play fair." I grabbed some paper towels and bent town and started cleaning the sticky residue off the ground that he was only smearing even more by using a dirty rag.

"Neither will I!" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and my need to protect her heightened. Damn I need to get a grip here. A few weeks into this little thing we have going on and I already want to protect her from my idiot brother though I know without a doubt he would never hurt her.

After the kitchen is spotless and Hudson took a quick shower we left for the gym. Amanda and our dad went to do some furniture shopping.

"You still smell like syrup are you sure you washed yourself?" Lennox shoots Hudson a look of disgust.

"Yes man! I scrubbed myself three times! That shit must have soaked into my fucking pores or something!" Hudson pouted from the passenger seat. Lennox turned into the gym parking lot and found an empty spot and parked the car.

"It's a wonder you've made it this far in life." Lennox shook his head as he turned off the car and climbed out.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Little brother you are book smart but common sense? Not so much. You have to pick and choose your battles man."

"So I take it you won't help me against Mack either?" Hudson frowns as we walk into the crowded gym. Rock music pumping through the speakers.