Dead To Me

You guys!!! I hope you are all enjoying this wild ride I have you on! Here is your update!<3

-------------------------

"Hey kiddo." Hours later I finally stopped crying. Hudson didn't complain once or make any smart remarks. He let me cry myself to sleep in his arms. Hudson and Lennox left the room this morning for breakfast while the doctors came in and did an examination. They are hopeful I'll get to go home today. After being in the hospital a week I was more than ready to get the hell out of there and quick.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped as my eyes landed on my father.

"I was worried about you." He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No need to be. I am fine."

"You are certainly not fine! Look at the mess you've gotten yourself into." My dad grabbed the frame of my hospital bed leaning his body forward. 

"I don't need you of all people telling me shit about making a mess!" I roared. Oh the nerve of this man coming to my room spitting some shit like that.

"Look I know I wasn't exactly father of the year-" He started to explain before I scoffed.

"That's the understatement of the fucking year!"

"But I suppose I am partly to blame for the mess you're in. Maybe if I would have stuck around and been a better dad to you, a role model even you wouldn't be here."

"Yeah maybe but guess what?! You left! You left us. You left me! How dare you! You don't get to come in here and play the fatherly role! You lost that right the second you left! Get the fuck out!" Tears pooled in the corners of my eyes. I didn't want to be crying here especially in front of him but I couldn't help it. My words hurt him, I could see it in his eyes but honestly I didn't even care. I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to cause him at least a fraction of the pain he's caused me.

"I'll go but I won't stop trying to mend what's broken between us. You can't hate me forever." My dad took one more look at me before he sighed and left the room. A week in this place was more than I cared for. I was ready to get off of this emotional rollercoaster I was on. 

"You are one touch chick! I am proud of you for sticking up to that son of a bitch! The doctor signed your discharge papers let's get you outta here!" Hudson pushed the side rail of my bed down and helped me to my feet. Sitting up was becoming easier but I don't care how bad it hurts as long as I am on my way out the door.

Robert parked the car in the driveway. As bad as I was ready to get out of the hospital I wasn't ready to come home, back here where all of my memories with Reid come flashing back at warp speed.

"Let's get you inside sweetheart." Robert and Hudson both helped me out of the car while Lennox carried my stuff. The girls all pitched in and got me flower arrangements and stuffed animals. They stopped by the hospital to see me but I wasn't really up for company so they didn't stay long just long enough to check on me. 

"I am going to kill him! The second I see him." Val marched through our front door not even bothering to knock. She didn't care who was around she just barged in with anger radiating off of her.

"Sorry Robert.." Her eyes landed on Robert whose head just dropped in shame. Ever since I told them that Reid and I were together Robert hasn't said much. Neither has my mom. I can't necessarily blame them for not knowing how to react or what to say. It didn't help that they felt the need to tip toe on eggshells around me probably afraid that I would break even more. 

"Don't be. I'm not happy with my son either for what he did. I just want to know he's okay." The worry in Robert's eyes made my heart sink inside of my chest. Not only is he ignoring the hundreds of calls and text messages I have left he is also ignoring his dad. I made a promise to myself to not talk to Reid again. I wouldn't call or text him again, not that he cares.

"Val just let it go. I am ready to move on from this." I hoped my lie was believable. When I wanted the exact opposite of moving on. I wanted him to come back and make things right but I knew that was wishful thinking.

"To move on? Mack you are in love with him."

"Yes to move on! I can't sit here waiting for him to come back. He left me! When I needed him the most. I don't ever want to see him again. I don't want to hear his name. As far as Reid is concerned he is dead to me."