We Are Getting Married

REID'S POV (SURPRISE) <3

----------------------------

I lit a cigarette letting the nicotine burn my lungs as I inhaled before letting out a puff of smoke. I don't even know why I bother with these damn things, they taste like shit and make my mouth feel fuzzy but the rush they give me tends to keep me lighting them one after another. My dad's girlfriend moved in today and brought her daughter. I have to admit when I first saw her I was speechless. Sure the girl is hot like smoking hot but she's not my type. For one she is way too goody good for someone like me no matter how hot she is and two she is a virgin and I don't get mixed up with virgins. It's too messy and someone always gets attached and the biggest reason of all our parents are dating which makes it weird right?

I can't shake the thought of her wet naked body as she climbed out of the bathtub. She would be dating Aaron fucking Whitley of all people. That dude is such a pussy and has been since the third grade. Last year he got into a fight with some guy from the baseball team and he fucking cried begging the guy to stop hitting him. So what Mackenzie sees in him is beyond me.

I took another long drag of my cigarette hoping to clear my head. Not my girl not my problem.

"Baby you seem tense, let me take care of you." Heidi purred as she rubbed up and down my chest with her manicured fingernails. She's the perfect definition of my type. She is tall, tan, blonde, and doesn't date. She checks every box I am looking for when I am looking for someone to screw. It's no secret that I ain't a saint. When my mom died two years ago I flew off the rails and if I am being honest I'm not back on track. Cancer is a motherfucker. When my mom died I lost part of my heart. I used to want to get married and have kids, live in a house with a wrap around porch with shutters on the windows and a dog in a big fenced in yard. Ya know the big American Dream but losing her and seeing how it affected my dad shattered every hope of that for me.

I refuse to put myself in that situation. You know the best way to avoid a broken heart? Not caring about anything or anyone except your family. When my dad met Amanda I wasn't too happy about it and I'm still not. She's nice enough seems to really care about my dad and doesn't seem to be after his money. She is some big time lawyer which is how she and my dad met in the first place. She's hot for someone in their early forties with her blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, my dad couldn't do better that's for sure. Thoughts of Mackenzie flood my brain again like a leaking hose and I nod letting Heidi know that I want her to make me feel better the only way she knows how, with her mouth. She drops down to her knees unbuckling my jeans and wasted no time pulling my dick out of my boxers. She started sucking on it like she was in a competition and she was a professional. 

Mackenzie and her long dark brown hair thrown up in a messy bun, her almond shaped hazel eyes mixed with shades of brown and green standing in front of me naked with a fire in her eyes as water dropped all over the floor. I felt my orgasm coming and I came in Heidi's mouth without warning not that she complained. I came to the image of someone else. Here I am breaking my own rules and for what? 

"See ya around Reid." Heidi stood adjusting her denim skirt before shooting me a playful wink before turning on her six inch heels leaving my room. I quickly buttoned my jeans and sighed feeling somewhat better before I was forced to join my household at dinner. We never eat dinner as a family, we haven't since mom died. Dad thought it would be nice to welcome Amanda and Mackenzie into the house and to start eating together.

"Was that Heidi who just left?" My idiot brother Hudson smirked pulling a cut off shirt over his head walking in front of me towards the kitchen. 

"Yep." I nod following him to the kitchen.

"Dude she's smoking, a little slutty but isn't that how you like em? Easy and willing?"

"Yep." I took my seat at the table. Our chef Louisa made some type of meatloaf or some shit but it smelled good and I was starving so I made my plate and started to eat.

"Reid I am not telling you what or who to do but there are ladies in this house now. Please don't bring your guests here." My dad shook his head before making his plate and even helped Amanda make hers. How sweet. Insert disgusted eye roll here.

"Fair enough." I don't bother arguing with him because it is his house after all. I focus my attention on my plate until I hear footsteps behind me. Everyone is at the table except for her so it doesn't take a genius to figure out who it is.

"Sorry I fell asleep! Louisa everything looks so good, thank you." Mackenzie smiled brightly at our chef before sliding down in the only empty seat at the table, the one next to me still in her dark wash grey pajama shorts with a tie died shirt that was easily a size or two too big for her, her hair still in a messy bun. Louisa nodded, I didn't miss the smile that etched itself across her face as she escaped back to the kitchen.

"How was your nap darling?" Amanda smiled at her daughter warmly, the way only a mother can smile at her child. I feel my heart tighten. I miss my mom more than words could express.

"It was good, very well needed. I am still exhausted."

"I am glad you are settling in nicely Mackenzie-" I stood from my chair but I felt the fire burning in my dads eyes so I sat back down and made myself another plate.

"I know now is not the best time to tell you guys but it's hard to get us all in the same place at the same time but we've got some news." My dad grabbed Amanda's hand as they shared an indescribable look almost as if they were communicating without talking. Amanda nodded and my dad turned to face us looking at each of us before continuing.

"There are no easy words to say this so I am just going to come out and say it. We are getting married." I sat there frozen in place for a few seconds. I heard the chair beside me slide backwards. I saw her flee the room from my side view.

"Nice." I spit sarcastically storming out of the kitchen through the back door and into the backyard. I walked the familiar path towards the back of the property that is abandoned and secluded and pulled out the pack of cigarettes in my pocket.