Surpirse

By the time I got home from the doctor I had to hurry and get ready for this surprise Reid has been so adamant about. Of course I pried and tried to get more info about what kind of surprise it is but the man doesn't budge. He won't even tell me what kind of outfit to wear.

I took a quick shower washed my hair and scrubbed and shaved my entire body. I blow dried and straightened my hair. I applied light mascara and eyeliner. I decided to keep it light and started my search for something to wear. I picked out a red strapless dress and paired it with some black heels. I put on a black lace thong and strapless bra and got dressed. Taking in my appearance one more time I was satisfied with how I looked. I added some perfume and called it quits. Just as I was adding some diamond earrings Reid came into the room.

"Fuck you look beautiful baby!" Reid closed the distance between us and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug. He's dressed in black slacks and a dark grey button up shirt. His woodsy scented cologne fills my nose and it takes everything inside of me not to pounce on him. These damn pregnancy hormones, hell who am I kidding I crave him all the time. I placed a kiss on the side of his neck and started lightly grazing my teeth into the flesh where his neck meets his shoulder. He shuddered under my touch.

"Can we stay here instead?" I purred rubbing my tongue over his hot skin.

"Not a chance Kenzie as nice as that sounds and tempting as that is. We should get going, we aren't going far." His voice husky, the arousal in his voice. The gold in his dark green eyes burned into me like wildfire. I grabbed the gift bag I had wrapped that had a onesie that read 'Baby Ashton coming soon' with folded the sonogram pictures. I was anxious and nervous to tell him all at the same time.

"Ugh fine! What's a woman got to do to have an orgasm around here?" I mutter but it's more under my breath than anything else but he still heard me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me through our house.

"You had four orgasms this morning and there's plenty more to be had tonight. Now come on we are almost there."

"Almost there? We haven't even left! Where are we going?" He opened the back door and walked us outback. There were candles flickering up both sides of the walkway Reid was walking us on. In the center of the backyard was a wall of balloons all different shades of white and gold. In front of the balloon wall were big letters that spelled out Marry Me?

Reid turned to face me and dropped to one knee taking my hand in his.

"Kenzie the day I met you you've drove me absolutely insane. You crawled under my skin and made my heart your home. You've shown me a love I didn't and I'm still not sure I deserve. I let you go once and I'll never fucking do that again. You're the sun that rises each day. You're my light in the dark. You're the very beat of my heart. You're my everything. Will you marry me Mackenzie Shaw?" By the time he is done talking I have tears streaming down my face.

"Fuck yes I will!" I throw myself into his arms slamming my lips to his. The kiss is raw and passionate before he pulls away and slides an oval shaped diamond ring on my finger. Sounds of applause and cheers erupt from behind the wall. Suddenly all of our family and friends appear in front of us. Everyone took turns hugging us and congratulating us.

"I can't believe our babies are getting married!" My mom cried and wrapping an arm around us both tears streaming down both of her cheeks.

"Congratulations to you both. I am so happy you found your way back to each other." Robert pried my mom off of us and engulfed her in his arms.

"Never thought we'd see the day Reid Ashton wants to get married! I'm so fucking happy for you guys. I'm going to have the hottest sister in law!" Hudson gave me a warm hug before slapping Reid on the back.

"I would say welcome to the family but you've always been family Mack. I'm glad you two are finally making it official. You two have something really special. Congratulations!" Lennox gave us each a quick hug before going back to holding hands with Emma.

"I can't believe my best friend is getting married! You stupid son of a bitch!" Cole winked at me.

"You love us shut up." I smacked his chest before he pulled me against his chest.

"You know I'm only kidding! Won't be long until we are following your foot steps." Cole shot a wink at Hannah who's freckled cheeks turned crimson red.

"I'm so freaking happy for you!" Val carefully wrapped her arms around me careful not to squish her big round belly.

"Congratulations you two. You excited to join married life?" Alec wrapped his arms around Valerie who was now full blown crying. They got married right after we graduated high school almost two years ago and are now expecting their son Kiser any day now.

"I love you guys so much! Can I be the flower guy?" Darrell scooped me into his arms and spun me around causing me to squeal before he sat me back down.

"Of course you can!" I couldn't help the giggle that slipped from my lips.

"Any energy left for a hug from your dad?" My eyes widened as him, Nancy, and Liam stood off to the side. My dad walked towards me before pulling me into his arms.

"Of course! I'm surprised you're here." I admit honestly against my dads chest.

"When Reid came by and asked for my blessing he invited me to be here. I wouldn't miss this for the world. I am happy for you two, to be apart of both of your lives. You're happy and as your dad this is my biggest blessing is seeing you this happy."

"Oh dad! I love you." I cried against his chest. Ridding myself from the grudge I had against him allowed me to realize how much I missed him, how much I loved my dad. I'm glad mom pushed me to forgiving him. He released his hold on me before giving mom a quick hug and then shook Roberts hand. Seeing him and mom being friends was weirder than I expected but relieving none the less.

"What's in the bag?" Reid asked eyeing the bag. Suddenly I was too aware of the bag in my hand. I glanced around at all of our family and friends all engaged in conversations.

"It's for you." With shaky hands I give him the bag.

"For me?" He arched a questioning brow and looked at the bag in confusion.

"Just open it." My nerves were going haywire. I was scared, nervous, anxious, and honestly terrified.

"You didn't have to get me anything baby. Tonight is about you." Reid pulled out the tissue paper.

"Tonight's about us." I whispered as he picked up the sonogram pictures and the onesie. His eyes trailed over the pictures before he read the onesie.

"You're pregnant?" His words earned the attention of all of our family and friends. Silence swept over the crowd. Suddenly the silence was too much. I couldn't find any words so I just nodded pulling the inside of my cheek between my teeth chewing mercilessly on the flesh.

Reid sat the stuff in his hands on the ground and stood in front of me before he did something I didn't expect. He dropped to both of his knees in front of me. He grabbed my sides in his hands and placed his lips on my stomach.

"I'm going to be a dad." He looked up at me through his lashes and instead of seeing fear or regret all I saw was love melting away any fears I had.