Kitchen

Two weeks have passed since the night I spent with Reid. Two weeks since our little event in the hot tub. Two weeks since Reid has said a single word to me. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt because it hurt like hell. Every time I enter the room he gets up and leaves. Every time I walk up to him and his brothers and their friends at school he walks off. Every time I am within feet of him he flees as if my presence is too much for him.

At first it hurt like hell but now it infuriates me. I want to smack him, maybe even yell at him but what is the point? If he wants to act like I don't exist then fine two can play that game buddy.

"Hello? Earth to Mackenzie!" Asia snapped her finger in my face drawing me out of all thoughts Reid related.

"I am sorry!" I smiled sheepishly.

"You didn't hear a single thing I said did you?" She scolded me before rolling her eyes going back to her tray of food.

"Sorry my mind is a mess. What did you say?"

"I was asking if you wanted to go to Decklan's party tomorrow."

"No I don't think that is a good idea." I shook my head. The last thing I want to do is go to another party right now.

"But you have to!" Hannah whined poking out her bottom lip.

"As cute as you are I am not going to change my mind. You guys are more than welcome to come have a girls night though."

"As in instead of going? Are you crazy? Are you going to be upset if I ask for a raincheck? I am this close to sealing the deal with Scott." Asia frowned before holding up her thumb and index finger.

"Hell no. You guys go and have fun. I am just exhausted. I will take you up on that raincheck though."

"You sure you don't want to go? Everyone is supposed to be there!" Asia smiled brightly trying to get me to change my mind but I wouldn't. If everyone is supposed to be there does that mean Reid is going? I know Hudson is going because that is all he has talked about the past two days and Lennox has some training camp all weekend. My mom and Robert are going on a little weekend getaway so I will have the house to myself which doesn't sound like a bad thing. Some time to myself actually sounds nice.

"I am positive." I nod my head finishing up the last of my sandwich.

"Sweetheart if you need us just call us!" My mom went on and on about leaving me home with the boys as if it would kill me or something.

"Darling she will be just fine. The guys will be here plus there is money on the counter. Now come on check in is at noon." Robert was finally about to pull her away waving bye as they darted out the door.

"Yo I am going to the mall want to come?" Hudson asking swirling his car keys around his index finger.

"Only if you buy me some coffee." I poked my bottom lip out at him clasping my hands together. I have lived here almost a month now and have yet to go to their mall. Plus some shopping sounds like fun.

"I can manage that. Hey little brother we are going to the mall wanna join us?" Hudson arched his chin upwards at Reid who just entered the room.

"No thanks."

"Man you have been such a party pooper. First you are MIA and now you don't want to go shopping with me. What the fuck man?" A hurtful look filled Hudson's eyes. I know he misses his brother I can just tell. I feel partly to blame because I spend so much time with Hudson and Reid doesn't want to be within fifty feet from me so he steers clear of his brother because of me.

"If I come will you shut the fuck up?" Reid growled clearly not wanting to go but the look on Hudson's face made him cave. Hudson tends to have that affect on people, a way of getting people to do something they don't want to.