Second Chances

You guys this story is nearing it's end and I am all over the place here! I have loved writing this story. I really hope you have enjoyed reading it! The best part about writing a story is feeling the chemistry build between them...and even though I am no professional writer and I make tons of mistakes I take pride in my work! I won't keep you waiting...here is your update!<3

--------------------------

"Kenzie can I please talk to you?" The urgency in Reid's voice was evident. I stirred the punch before rearranging the plastic cups once, twice, and then a third time making sure everything looked as perfect as I could get it.

"No. I have nothing left to say to you. I told you how I felt a year ago." I whirl around ready to get back to my mothers wedding, to Reid's father Robert.

"Kenz, please." He begs. It's not like him to beg and I hate to admit that it pulled on my heart in the worst way, the way he affects me but he does. Truth is he has my heart and he has had it for a year and a half no matter how much I try to deny it. I was restocking the dessert table when a few passing by guests were watching us with questioning eyes.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the reception. I led us out of the tent and down a stone pebbled sidewalk. Once we were on the other side of the gazebo I whirl around to face him. The same man I fell for a year and a half ago seems like a shell of the man I once knew. His chocolate brown hair that had hints of caramel colored streaks thanks to the sun was longer hanging on his forehead in a beautiful mess from not being brushed. His green eyes with golden flakes in them aren't as bright as they used to be in fact they look dull and full of sadness and I feel my heart ache to take whatever pain he is feeling away but I can't bring myself to help him in any way.

"What is it Reid? I don't have time for this." I sigh impatiently not holding in the attitude dripping off of me. I am trying like hell to hold myself together but I feel myself caving but I won't give him the satisfaction.

"I just want to say that I am sorry for hurting you-" I scoff rolling my eyes.

"Hurting me? You fucking broke me Reid. Look if you are here to say sorry it's too late for that. I have to go." I whirl around anxiously needing to get away from him. He thinks he hurt me? He shattered every single piece of my heart and now he wants to say sorry?

"Kenz wait! No I am not here just to say that I am sorry. Look I get it I am an asshole, okay? I know that I tore you apart but I was scared. I was scared that if I was with you what that would mean for my image. Our parents were getting married for God's sake. I was so hooked on wondering what people would think of me, of you. I couldn't bare the thought of anyone giving you shit for being with me. People have their opinions and judgments. I figured I would leave and hope you would find someone you wouldn't have to hide your relationship with." I feel all the air in my lungs leave me at once almost crashing me into the ground.

"I got scared and left, left you. I didn't think twice about it. I thought it was what was best for you. For us but I was wrong. I thought about you every day. You were the first thing I thought of in the morning and the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep and everything in between. I found myself making stupid rash decisions but the thought of you and what you would think of me saved me." His eyes bored into mine begging me to believe him and I wanted to but I was so hurt and shattered probably beyond repair.

"Reid what is the point of all of this? If you ever expect me to forgive you, I can't. You left me, when I needed you the most. I was in the hospital Reid!" I felt tears welling in my eyes. Images surfing my brain of the day he left me flooded my mind and I felt my heart shatter all over again.