Confirmation

"This really isn't necessary Reid. I will be back to normal in a few days tops!" I sighed as we walked into the doctors office. I filled out the papers on the clipboard the lady inside the glass bubble handed me.

"Don't be stubborn and just get checked out. What's the least that can happen? She will give you a shot maybe some meds and then you are back to normal." I bounced my legs up and down nervously while I waited for my name to be called. I hate needles and I hate doctors.

"Mackenzie Shaw?" A nurse opened the thick wooden door calling my name. I rose to my feet looking at Reid begging him with my eyes to come with me.

"Sorry babe, I don't do doctors either. Everything is going to be okay. I love you." He grabbed my hand squeezing it gently before dropping it. I saw the pain in his eyes and knew the reason he didn't want to come with me had to do with his mom.

"Some support system you are. I love you." I followed the nurse and let her check my vitals. She led me into a small room with a bed and cabinets no doubt filled with needles. The thought of that made me nervous even more so than I already was.

"Your mom said you've been sick. Any other symptoms you are feeling?" The nurse asked offering me a small smile scribbling notes down on my chart.

"I've been dizzy a lot and exhausted." I admit honestly.

"Are you sexually active?" I shot her a look that screamed 'are you serious?'

"Seriously? What does that have to do with anything?" What does my sex life have to do with anything?

"It's just protocol Mackenzie."

"Yes I am." Okay so maybe Reid not coming back with me wasn't a bad thing because I am mortified.

"And when was your last period?" The blonde nurse asks barely looking up from the clipboard. So much for bed side manners huh?

"I don't know? My periods have never been normal."

"So no regularity in your menstrual cycle. Is there a possibility that you may be pregnant?"

"No." I shook my head dismissing the thought.

"Do you practice safe sex? You know like birth control? Condoms? That sort of thing."

"I am on birth control." She opened the cabinet and handed me a small plastic cup.

"I am going to do need you to urinate in this and when you come back I'll take your blood and run a full panel." I grabbed the cup from her hands before walking down the hall and into the bathroom.

I peed into the damn cup before washing my hands. Walking back towards the examination room carrying my own urines got to the the highlight of my day. I pulled my jacket off and watched as the nurse tied a rubber band around my upper arm. I cringed when I watched her pull the cap off of the syringe in her hands. I closed my eyes waiting for the dreadful piercing feeling in my arm.

"You're only going to feel a tight pinch." I felt the needle prickle through my skin. I inhaled and exhaled to keep myself calm despite the queasiness I felt.

As quickly as the needle was going into my arm it was coming back out.

"Hang tight the doctor will be with you momentarily. I put a rush on your urine and blood sample."

To pass time I pulled my phone out and sent Reid a text message.

'I had to pee in a cup...and she took my blood. I really hate you for not coming back here with me. :(' My fingers glided across my screen.

'You poor thing. Maybe if you're a good patient you'll get a sucker ;)' I don't miss the sexual reference behind his message. I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling.

'You're a fucking pervert.'

'Only for you babe.' The doctor chose that moment to come into the room. I put my phone away and waited for her to continue.

"Hello Mackenzie, I am Dr. Carroll. We've got the results from your urine and blood samples back, you're pregnant. About five weeks or so." I mentally blacked out after that barley hearing a word she said. She wrote me prescriptions for prenatal vitamins and nausea medicine. She gave me brochures listing my options such as being a teenage mother, to abortion and adoption and sent me on my way.

"You'll need to schedule a follow up appointment about a month from now." All I could do was nod knowing the next time I go to the doctor it wouldn't be here. I'd have to find a different doctor, one whose staff doesn't treat you like you're an idiot even if you are one.

"Done already? Let's get the hell out of here." Reid looked relieved the second I walked back into the lobby. He jumped out of his seat as if his ass was on fire. He grabbed my hand pulling us out to his car.

"So how'd it go?" Reid asked calmly as he started to drive. My heart was racing. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions I couldn't even think straight.

"Fine." I mumbled trying to calm myself down. Could he sense me panicking? I was fidgeting in my seat debating on how to tell him the words I was terrified to say. Words I know that would change everything.

"Fine? That's all? Is it the flu?" Reid turned onto a busy road focusing his eyes straight ahead.

"No." I felt vomit threatening to climb up my throat but I pushed it down. The last thing I needed was to barf in his damn car.

"Then what?" There was an uneasiness in Reid's voice. I recognized it because I was feeling the same way.

"Reid I'm pregnant." That's all I remember before I heard horns honking and then my whole world turned black.