What Is Your Deal?

Here is your update! If you have made it this far I just want to say thank you so much!<3 

---------------------------

By the time seventh period rolled around I was more than exhausted to say the least. Reid was in all of my classes and sits next to me in every single one. It was draining to act like he doesn't exist. I could almost feel him wanting to talk to me or say something but he never did until the last three minutes of class.

"Okay what is your deal? Ever since lunch I feel you looking at me. Do you have something to say?" I hiss growing tired of this back and forth. He hates me I get it. I am not a huge fan of his either. 

"That full of yourself are ya?" He smirked causing me to scoff. Since there are only a few minutes left of class everyone had already packed up all their stuff and was waiting impatiently for the bell to ring. 

"Whatever." I scoff growing more and more agitated by the second.

"Okay fine I was on the fence about telling you but my conscious is working against me."

"Oh how lucky I am. I didn't even think you were capable of having a conscious. What is it?" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious what he had to tell me, whatever it is is so bad his own guilt is making him tell me.

"Your boyfriend has been shacking up with Heidi."

"The girl who was at the house the other day?" I arched an eyebrow. I remember seeing her trying to sneak out the front door before dinner, not that I care. 

"Yeah her." He nods nonchalantly. 

"No he's not. He wouldn't do that." Would he? He has been acting weird but surely he would never cheat on me. 

"Look you can believe me or not the choice is yours. I did my good deed of the day, I told you." He threw his hands in the air before smacking them together like he was wiping crumbs off of them.

The bell rang and neither of us could have gotten out of there quicker. I stormed through the parking lot looking for Hudson. I found him waiting by his car talking to Cole, Damien, a few other guys I have seen around, and none other than Reid.

"There you are Mack! How was your first day?" Hudson beamed at me asking how my day was like he actually cared how my day went. 

"Exhausting. How about yours?" I shoot him a warm smile. Just based off how he has treated me the last few days I can tell he and I are going to be really good friends. I met two girls Hannah and Asia who seem pretty nice. I have them in a few classes which is a nice distraction from Reid.

"It was spectacular! Ready to go get your car?"

"Oh you mean you don't want to drive me around all the time?" I pout my bottom lip out just messing with him. 

"Baby I'd let you ride me or with me any day." He winked at me playfully sticking his tongue out at me. Being around him makes any atmosphere feel immediately lighter especially with Reid around who seems to suck the air out of any room. I couldn't help but wonder if other people felt that way too or if it was just me.

"You couldn't handle me pretty boy." I shake my head smiling while his eyes shot to double their usual size.

"Damn bro she told you!" Cole started laughing so hard he started coughing.

"I like her." Damien laughed as the scene unfolded.

"She's great isn't she?" Hudson pointed both of his hands at me. I did a little bow making the group chuckle well everyone except for Reid. Our eyes locked and I felt my spine straighten immediately. 

"Ready Mack? I've got to be back here by five for practice coach will grill my ass if I am late." Hudson climbed into his car cranking the engine, rolling the windows down, and blaring some Future, and he has decent taste in music. I am pretty impressed. I like all types of music in fact I don't think there is one type of music that I won't listen to. 

"I guess we better get going before your ass gets any flatter." Joking with him is easy, his reactions are fuel that keeps me going. 

"Hey that wasn't very nice I have a nice hiney." I hear him yell over the sound of the music. I waved bye to all the guys and even waved awkwardly at Reid who was still staring at me. What a creep.

"If you say so pretty boy." I climb into Hudson's Rover. 

"See you later fuckers!" He drove off flipping the bird while turning up the music. Thankfully as soon as he turned out of the parking lot he rolled the windows up because little flakes of snow started to fall. 

"Where to?" He asked shooting me a warm smile turning the radio down so he could hear me. I told him where to go and thankfully the ride mostly consisted of us singing at the top of our lungs like we were on stage performing for screaming fans but it was just us two.

I was surprised at how carefree and comfortable I felt around him. It felt as if I had known him forever. 

He turned onto my old street and I told him where to park.

"I'll see you at home Mack."

"Thanks for this Hudson, you seem like a really great guy, a little bit of a perv but nice nonetheless." I grabbed my stuff and climbed out of the car.

"I can be a gentleman but I will never not compliment your ass which looks great by the way!" He laughed as he drove off. I watched as he drove off. Turning to look at my old house I ignore all the feelings threatening to stir. Talk about an emotional day.

The whole drive home all I can think about is Reid and I hate that. I hate that he is always so rude to me, well I am not necessarily the nicest to him either but in my defense he starts it, he is everywhere I turn. I can't get him off of my mind and I fucking hate that. Thoughts of what he told me about Aaron flood my brain. He wouldn't really cheat on me would he? I sighed and hit the bluetooth button on my steering wheel.

"Hey you what are you doing?" I ask as soon as he answers the phone. 

"Umm not much. Just watching tv with some friends." His tone was off. He was lying or didn't want to tell me what he was actually doing. 

"With who?" I ask slowly. I hate to ask. I don't want to look like one of those insecure girlfriends but after what Reid told me today I am on the fence here wondering if he would actually cheat on me. 

"Just a few guys from school."

"Okay. Look I know things have been weird between us and I am partially to blame. I am sorry Aaron."

"Don't worry about it. Look now is not a good time. I will call you later." The line went dead. If I didn't think he was acting weird before I definitely do now. What is he hiding? Why?