Date

I spent the day out shopping by myself. I needed some alone time so I went and got a pedicure, I went to lunch, and to find the perfect outfit for our date. i didn't know what to wear but I searched the racks until I found the perfect dress.

Usually I am not a dress wearing kind of chick but this one is too perfect to pass up. I grabbed the dress and held it against my body looking at myself in the mirror.

"Oh dear you must try that on! It will look amazing on you!" The older lady working at the store grabbed the dress from my hand and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the fitting room. She unlocked the door pushing me inside before handing me the dress. I sat my other bags on the ground and started to change into the dress.

"Big date?" She asks from outside the door.

"First date." I answered smiling to myself. To say I was excited would be an understatement.

"Tell me about this young man. I love hearing all about young love reminds me of when I was young."

"He is my moms fiances son." I blurt as I pull the dress up my body. I expect the stranger to gasp and tell me that I am gross and that us dating is frowned upon but she didn't. Glancing at myself in the mirror the tan sheer dress went to my knees in the front and to my ankles in the back.

"Chemistry is hard to fight believe me. I married my step brother over thirty years ago. Though it was frowned upon back then our hearts were tangled as one. We were willing to risk everything to be together and here we are thirty two years later and still as crazy about each other as we were the day we met." The sleeves of the dress went to my elbows and were made of sheer lace. The dress made me feel beautiful and it hugged all the parts of my body in the right places.

I opened the door and walked out stopping in front of the lady. When she saw me she looked me up and down before a bright smile spread across her face.

"Oh darling you are absolutely beautiful!"

"Thank you! I just hope that I am not making a mistake by dating him. I feel like in one swift moment something can go wrong and ruin everything. There is more to this than just me and him."

"Look sweetheart me and my husband tried to fight how we felt and all it did was push us together that much more. If you want my advice just take it day by day. Don't focus on the what if's and what everyone will think. This is your life, you do what makes you happy. Now get changed and I will ring you up." I nod and quickly slip in the fitting room and change throwing the dress over the top of the door.

"Have fun tonight! If you are ever back here I want to hear all about it! My name is Kathy and I own this boutique." I nod grabbing my bag from her.

"My name is Mackenzie! I will be back soon with some coffee and I will fill you in! Thank you for everything Kathy." I waved bye and left the mall making my way home. Alone time is just what I needed. Talking to someone about Reid and I felt good. It felt like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. One that I didn't feel before but the second it was lifted I felt more clear on Reid and I.

I went home and bolted up the stairs and took a shower shaving my entire body, washing and conditioning my hair, and scrubbing my body until I was as clean and smooth as I could get. I wrapped myself in a towel and opened the bathroom door running right smack into Hudson.

"Damn Mack you look umm wow." Hudson looked around trying to focus on anything but me.

"What?" I asked slowly looking down forgetting that I was only in a towel which had fallen down my chest exposing the tops of my boobs.

"You have pretty tits." He groaned covering his eyes with his hands.

"You can only see the top of them you perv! But thanks?" It came off as more of a question than a thank you.