Truth

***Reid's POV***

The rap music blaring and the steaming hot water did next to nothing to calm my nerves. Why was I so wound up for? Because she said I farted? No that's stupid and honestly it was kind of funny. Because she had me do the damn dishes? No I don't give a fuck about the dishes either. I felt my body tense the moment this Darrell's guys name was brought up. The other stuff just pushed me over the edge. I tried letting it go but the more I thought about it the more wound up I became.

I pressed my palms to the shower wall and closed my eyes letting the hot water run down my body.

Who is this guy? An ex of hers? They still talk? Well they did but he hasn't texted her back? Fuck I sound like an insecure guy and that's just another reason I never wanted a girlfriend.

I felt Kenzie's emotions rolling off of her while we moved her stuff. My brothers may have been blind to them but I know her better than they do.

I felt arms snake around my waist hugging me from behind. I turned to the side and felt my heart do a flip when I saw Kenzie rest her head on my back.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, even over the music I could hear her words and like a hot knife through butter they cut through me. I turned around in her arms facing her. I used my thumb and index finger to grab her chin and tilted her head up so she was looking into my eyes. The water had soaked her entire body but she never looked more beautiful.

"For what?" I asked studying her face.

"For saying you farted. For volunteering you to wash the dishes. For making you mad at me." Her eyes darted around the shower focusing on anything but me.

"Kenzie I don't give a shit about that." I scoffed stepping closer her until our bodies were pressed against one another's.

"Then what's wrong?" Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Who is Darrell?" Realization clicked in her eyes before she busted into a fit of laughter. I immediately released my hold on her and stepped back. She stood under the water and washed her hair laughing the entire time. She didn't stop laughing until she scrubbed her body and even then she started giggling again. I was almost convinced she was going to pass out from lack of oxygen to her brain.

"What's so funny?" I asked arching an eyebrow at her as I turned the water off. Stepping out of the shower I dried off before putting on a clean pair of boxers. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched her follow me into my room. She grabbed one of my shirts from the floor and slipped it on over her head. Damn I was so busy pouting in the shower I didn't realize she was naked until she was wearing my shirt which looked fucking sexy on her.

"He is just a really good friend. He's my moms bestfriends son." She sighed though the humor was evident on her face. She was seconds away from another fit of laughter which only annoyed me because I wanted answers.

"You haven't mentioned him." I muttered pulling my eyebrows together in confusion.

"I know it just slipped my mind last night. You have nothing to worry about." She adds mumbling looking at the ground. If I have nothing to worry about why won't she look at me?

"I don't?" I ask and then I see her trying to hide her laughter. She crawled into my bed under the sheets pulling them up above her lips.

"No." She giggled the tears pooling in her eyes. I could hear her laughter from under the covers.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked growing impatient by this point.

"Darrell is gay." She blurted between laughter and I felt relief coarse through my veins.

"You couldn't have led with that?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't know you were jealous." The laughter stopped and she pulled the blankets away from her face.

"I am not jealous. I just didn't know who he was. Fuck this is all so new to me. I am not sure how to deal with this kind of shit. I heard a guys name and all I saw was red."

"Reid you have nothing to worry about. I want you, only you." Her words had my dick at full attention but I wouldn't give in to her that easily.

I yanked the covers off of her and grabbed her and flipped her over so her bare ass was facing upwards. The movement caused her to gasp but she remained in place. Using one hand I started to rub it over the soft flesh of her ass, her perfect round ass. Lifting my hand in the air I brought it down smacking her ass. The slap caused her to gasp.

"I believe I owe you some punishment for the little stunts and the shit you just pulled." I was no longer mad or annoyed instead I was rock hard all for her. This woman alone is going to be my downfall. My blows to her ass weren't hard but enough to leave a hand print on each cheek.

"Fuck!" She hissed arching her back upwards after the last blow. I know she was putty in my hands because each slap had her withering.

I pushed her legs apart before sliding my index finger down her sex. She was soaked leaving a spot of wetness on my sheets. I plunged my finger inside of her causing her to gasp. I worked my finger inside of her and smacked her ass with my free hand.

"Reid!" I felt her clench around my finger as her release took over. As she rode her orgasm I pulled my finger out of her and crawled up the bed beside her.

"That's not really a punishment ya know?" She panted flipping over to face me laying on her side.

"Pull some shit like you did earlier and the next time I won't let you cum." I warned her. She has no idea just how cruel I could be if I wanted to though I'd never do anything to hurt her I could have her dangling on the brink of an orgasm and leave her hanging which is what my plan was just now but her damn pussy looked too good to abandon and that's more of a punishment to me than it is to her.

"Won't let me cum?" The confusion evident on her face.

"Nope." I pulled her closer to me and told Alexa to turn the music off cuddling close to her I pulled the blankets up and over our barley clothed bodies.

"I need to tell you something. I should have told you a while back but I wasn't sure where this was going and now that we are together I don't want any secrets between us." My words caught her attention because her eyes snapped up locking on mine.

"Okay." She nods and waits for me to continue.

"Robert isn't my biological father." There was no right way to start so I ripped the bandaid off. Other than my brothers Cole is the only other person who knows.

"What?" She asks slowly her brown brows so close together in confusion it almost looked like she had a unibrow.

"What? How?"

"My mom had a one night affair a little after Hudson was born. Her and Robert were having a downward spiral, with him working seventy to eighty hour weeks and her at home with Lennox and Hudson he lost his spark. So she strayed and it crushed him. Somehow it was what he needed for him to realize how much he loved her. Then he found out she was pregnant with me. She told my biological father she was pregnant and he signed his rights over. He wanted nothing to do with me or her. She regretted what she did but she said she wouldn't change it for the world because then she wouldn't have had me. Robert claimed me as his own, signed his name on my birth certificate, and never once treated me any different than my brothers even though technically he's not my birth father."

"Wow." She breathed out rubbing her face trying to absorb what I had just told her.

"I have so much respect for Robert, my dad. It takes a real man to raise someone else's kid and he never once casted me away because I don't share his blood. He coached my little league team, went to all of my football games as a kid, everything a dad does he does for me. I'm sorry I haven't told you, that day you asked how me and Hudson are the same ago. Technically I should be a Junior but I was too advanced so they let me skip a grade. Now you know."