This Place Isn't A Home Anymore

Hello my loves! What did you think of that first chapter? I know it doesn't make sense yet but keep on reading and soon you will be hooked! <3 Here is your update! Remember the more feedback the sooner I will post the next chapters! If you like it please comment/vote! 

------------------------

***A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE***

"Mom is this really necessary? Why can't they just move in with us?" I pout shoving more of my belongings into another cardboard box. I am not even trying to organize anything just literally shoving my stuff into random boxes. Unpacking them is going to be a real treat but I can't be bothered to care about that right now. I am hoping my mom will change her mind and let us stay in our house, a house I have lived in since the day I was born.

My mom met a man named Robert who seems okay for the most part after my parents got divorced. My dad cheated on my mom with his secretary Nancy and got caught and ruined their marriage. He just up and left us like we were dog shit on the bottom of his shoe. My mom was broken for months before she met Robert and she came back to life. She started smiling again she even started laughing again, she was happy again. She still is some love sick puppy when it comes to Robert which is the only reason I am even packing my stuff in the first place and if I am being honest this house no longer feels like a home, not since my dad left.

"Because there are four of them and only two of us it just makes more sense plus my job let me transfer there." Just another reason why we are moving across town. Now that doesn't seem like that big of a deal but our town is huge. It takes forty minutes to get all the way through it, especially with traffic. We are leaving our home of over eighteen years and moving to the North Side, the rich side. We are poor by no means just middle class but Robert my moms boyfriend is the CEO of some big time cooperate office. He screams wealth, his house is a damn mansion. I got lost the one time I went there.

"Bright side is we aren't too far away so you can come see your friends any time you want. Plus you get to have a fresh start at a new school."

"Yeah because transferring schools the second semester of my Senior year is the time to start over." I scoffed rolling my eyes. 

"Mackenzie I know this is not ideal and I am sorry that you are having to uproot everything for me. This could be really good for us just please give it a chance." I huff in aggravation throwing the last of my things into the last box. I helped her load the boxes into the back of the moving truck throwing each box down with force. I was aware I was being dramatic but I didn't care. 

"Couldn't Robert like hire some movers?" I realize how ridiculous I sound but I've never moved before and honestly it sucks more ass than I could even express.

"He offered but I said no. I figured it would be therapeutic for us to bond one last time just the two of us while we pack up our old house. I didn't want anyone scuffing anything up or ruining, maybe even breaking our stuff."

"This place isn't a home anymore." I jumped out of the back of the moving truck and pulled the sliding door down and flicked the latch locking the back of the truck shutting all of our belongings inside.

I hear my mom mutter under her breath and guilt fills my veins I know I am being a brat but I am not thrilled about moving. I am not thrilled about living with four guys, Robert and his three sons. I have met two of the three and sure they are hot but arrogant pricks. Hudson and Lennox. Robert has a third son named Reid who I've never met and from what I have heard the one time I was there I am not sure that I ever want to.

"I can't thank you enough for agreeing to come with me. I know your father offered to let you live with him and Nancy but I am glad you choose to stay with me."

"I would rather die than live with him again. So the choice wasn't a hard one to make."

"You know you don't have to hate him because of what he did. I don't. He set me free Mack, if anything I owe him a token of appreciation. I want you to have a relationship with your dad."

"Yeah well I am still mad at him. You can forgive the man all you want but he didn't just leave you he left me too, his own flesh and blood and started a new family, got a woman who is only seven years older than me pregnant and wants to be father of the year? Fuck that." I huffed and watched my childhood home get smaller and smaller as my mom drove off leaving our home and my childhood in the rear view mirror.